Cabo Snorkeling - Santa Maria and Chileno bays - Cabo Pulmo?

magicallyfun

Assuming you are taking a cruise to Cabo, sign up for a snorkeling tour from a vendor at the marina. Most, if not all go to Bahia Chileno and/or Playa Santa Maria. The cost should be a lot less than booking the ship's tour. Both Chileno and Santa Maria are accessible by cab, the cheapest way to go if there's two or more in your group and you have your own snorkel equipment. The only downside is insuring the taxi will come back and pick you up at a pre-determined time. FYI - I understand snorkeling is very good at Cabo Pulmo but it's about 60 miles from Cabo.

I haven't been to Cabo Pulmo but have snorkeled at Santa Maria and Chileno Bay. Santa Maria and Chileno Bay are right next to each other, snorkeling experience is very similiar. I prefer Chileno because the beach was bigger, there was a bathroom and 3 security guards. Bring water socks, the sand is hard on bare feet.

Archived