Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale

dogmama

It is immaculate and as safe as any nice hotel can be.....dining choices are limited but you and the kids can eat in the bar area (in the center of the lobby) and feel perfectly at ease. We had supper there with our 3 year old and we all enjoyed ourselves. As noted the pool is very pretty and very clean and I believe completely fenced.

We are staying there this weekend for a precruise - I rang up nearby restaurants and found a place called "Islamorada Fish Company" listed as only .35 miles from the hotel - this would be in walking distance - does anyone know if this place exists?

Ron

but I am not sure about walking there....if I remember correctly the roadway is more like a highway than it is a street. I am not sure if there are sidewalks and I do know the folks drive very very quickly. However, maybe you could arrange for the shuttle driver to drop you and pick you up since it is such a short distance.

dosi is correct, it is not condusive to walking.

The "Islamorada Fish Company" is an excellant seafood restaurant located inside the Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World store. This store is the Home Depot of fishing, hunting, camping supplies etc. They carry a lot of clothing, shoes, diving equipment as well. If you've never been to one its really something to see, its huge.

The cab from the Sheraton to "Islamorada Fish Company" should only cost $5 each way. Its well worth the $$$.

Bass Pro Shop web site:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.CFPage?appID=94&storeID=16

Islamorada Seafood Web Site:

http://www.ifcstonecrab.com/ritem.cfm?cat=63

Depending on where you are staying I would not expect the cost to exceed $15 each way. Of course if you are staying way out in the suburbs it could really add up!! We stayed at the Renaissance and took a cab one night home from Beach Place. With tip I think it was about $10-$12. Depending on your hotel location you might also want to look at the water taxi.....all the rides you want for $5 per person per day!! ;)

Archived