Allure balcony dividers

We were told by our TA that the Allure will not have the balcony dividers that will open like the Oasis, as she called RCCL and that is what they told her. Is she just blowing smoke, or has anyone heard that this has changed for the Allure?

Keith

Keith, I had Kay check again, she said the lady finally came clean and said the balconies do open but they do not want to do it for everybody. Certain situations, families with kids in next room. The lady did say that it does not hurt to ask though. How are things going on your end? Did you get agood deal and rooms where you want them?:)

• 1 month later...

We're booked on Allure 3/27/11 with connecting cabins. Our kids will be in one, so it sounds like they will open the dividers. I thought I read ages ago that on Oasis, the divider didn't open all the way like on the Freedom class, but just enough to walk through? Anyone know? Thanks.

I am unable to see the picture for some reason but would really like to. Is there a way to post it open without requiring me to open it? We have connecting balconies with my parents on the Oasis in September. On the Liberty of the seas the entire partition opened. It was great to have such a large Balcony. Thanks.

Thanks for posting the picture! I could click on it and see it without any problem.

Your picture really shows how different the dividers are from the ones on Freedom. Having an actual door there is quite a change! When we were on Freedom, one morning they opened dividers on our deck on to wash the balconies, and you could see straight down what seemed like the entire length of the ship.

It looks like the door can't be swung open flat against the front part of the divider because the door is bigger; is this correct? So it takes up the front corner of the balcony when it's open? (Sorry for my grasping at words to explain what I mean.)

Thanks for posting the picture! I could click on it and see it without any problem.

Your picture really shows how different the dividers are from the ones on Freedom. Having an actual door there is quite a change! When we were on Freedom, one morning they opened dividers on our deck on to wash the balconies, and you could see straight down what seemed like the entire length of the ship.

It looks like the door can't be swung open flat against the front part of the divider because the door is bigger; is this correct? So it takes up the front corner of the balcony when it's open? (Sorry for my grasping at words to explain what I mean.)

I'm glad you can see it because I still can't! Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The opaque, rounded part of the divider is the part that opens. It lays flat agains the solid, white part. My husband, who took the picture, was standing against the rail on our balcony and had a straight, unobstructed view to where I was standing.

The opaque, rounded part of the divider is the part that opens. It lays flat agains the solid, white part. My husband, who took the picture, was standing against the rail on our balcony and had a straight, unobstructed view to where I was standing.

Oh, that's a much better arrangement than the white part opening! Thanks for the clarification.

You look like you are really enjoying the cruise!

Thank you soooo much for this picture. We always got adjoining cabins and opened the partition. Also you made me feel so much better about my decision to get an ocean view balcony. We always got an ocean view balcony because we just love looking at the ocean but I kept thinking about a Boardwalk or Central Park Balcony. Now that I see your picture I know I made the right decision.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you soooo much for this picture. We always got adjoining cabins and opened the partition. Also you made me feel so much better about my decision to get an ocean view balcony. We always got an ocean view balcony because we just love looking at the ocean but I kept thinking about a Boardwalk or Central Park Balcony. Now that I see your picture I know I made the right decision.

We loooooved our OV balcony and being able to open the partition was icing. We are going on the Allure New Year's Eve cruise this year and have four, D1 OV balconies right next to each other so I'm hoping that they will let us open all four! But if not, I'll still be out there enjoying the view!

Archived