Dissapointed with the Destiny

We earlier this month 8th - 15th we were on the Destiny for the Med renaissance this booked within 2 weeks after getting off the Celebration last year for the Colourful coasts cruise. (our 1st cruise)

So you can imagine my excitment what with the Destiny being a larger ship and me wondering all that that has to offer (or not:mad:)

Firstly the regimented dinner eating times (as the wife and I like to dress for dinner albeit only when on a cruise, especially after the Celebration) it's a once a year thing we dont do it at home,and not being used to the rush after dinner for a place in the can-can lounge we missed a couple of shows (because the late showing was to late what with my wife being diabetic and us having our son on the cruise to who is 13) kid zone only goes to 12 :confused:

We did have cause to question our air con as it was stuck on cold :cool: but this was quickly sorted once we bought attention to it (very promt) all our neighbours were having toilet troubles fortunatly this bypassed our cabin (wish the smell had)

Also was dissapointed in the excersions especially Rome/Vatican where this was described as a photographic coach tour, but our coach windows were so dirty you could barely make out the Colosseum let alone anything else :mad:, Villefranche - Livorno -Ajaccio all unforgetable and we chose Barcelona on your own (mistake) could have gone to any city centre shopping arcade but that was our fault and to compound our mistake it poured with rain all morning and the wife (looking over my shoulder whilst typing) forgot the rain coats

And last but not least being a largeroligist do like a pint or 2, whats with those stupid glasses it felt like being an extra in heartbeat, all our other concerns have already been highlighted in many posts on here

But that has'nt put us off as on Sunday 22nd we enquired and found out that the Spirit is doing the Red Sea Magic next year so booked already (if the Destiny or Dream (after what we've read) were doing this cruise we would have cruised elsewhere next year, please tell us the Spirit is worth waiting for :cool:

Sorry for the long sometimes rant especially for my 1st post

We earlier this month 8th - 15th we were on the Destiny for the Med renaissance this booked within 2 weeks after getting off the Celebration last year for the Colourful coasts cruise. (our 1st cruise)

So you can imagine my excitment what with the Destiny being a larger ship and me wondering all that that has to offer (or not:mad:)

Firstly the regimented dinner eating times (as the wife and I like to dress for dinner albeit only when on a cruise, especially after the Celebration) it's a once a year thing we dont do it at home,and not being used to the rush after dinner for a place in the can-can lounge we missed a couple of shows (because the late showing was to late what with my wife being diabetic and us having our son on the cruise to who is 13) kid zone only goes to 12 :confused:

We did have cause to question our air con as it was stuck on cold :cool: but this was quickly sorted once we bought attention to it (very promt) all our neighbours were having toilet troubles fortunatly this bypassed our cabin (wish the smell had)

Also was dissapointed in the excersions especially Rome/Vatican where this was described as a photographic coach tour, but our coach windows were so dirty you could barely make out the Colosseum let alone anything else :mad:, Villefranche - Livorno -Ajaccio all unforgetable and we chose Barcelona on your own (mistake) could have gone to any city centre shopping arcade but that was our fault and to compound our mistake it poured with rain all morning and the wife (looking over my shoulder whilst typing) forgot the rain coats

And last but not least being a largeroligist do like a pint or 2, whats with those stupid glasses it felt like being an extra in heartbeat, all our other concerns have already been highlighted in many posts on here

But that has'nt put us off as on Sunday 22nd we enquired and found out that the Spirit is doing the Red Sea Magic next year so booked already (if the Destiny or Dream (after what we've read) were doing this cruise we would have cruised elsewhere next year, please tell us the Spirit is worth waiting for :cool:

Sorry for the long sometimes rant especially for my 1st post

Hi,

Thank you for that review. We like all the comments from people, both positive and negative.

We are off on Red Sea Magic next March 31st. When are you going?

Berwyn

Totally agree about the fixed dining - needs to be scrapped. All the Thomson branded ships have kids club up to age 12 though.

Same excursions used for the Dream if using the same ports

Yes but so is the Destiny in many ways too - so I have to disagree a little with some of your findings but accept it is each to their own opinion. The Destiny does have failings - the fixed dining, the Lido when it is cold and the cabins may be a bit small but the Spirit suffers from more vibration and there is more of a fight for a sunbed as there is on the Celebration too .

Gareth

Yes but so is the Destiny in many ways too - so I have to disagree a little with some of your findings but accept it is each to their own opinion. The Destiny does have failings - the fixed dining, the Lido when it is cold and the cabins may be a bit small but the Spirit suffers from more vibration and there is more of a fight for a sunbed as there is on the Celebration too .

Gareth

Gareth your so right, the vibration on the Celebration was noticed but not a problem hopefully the same on the Spirit and Neither of us are sun worshipers so sunbeds are never a problem,

Budget cruiseing eh ;) who'd have thought

Archived