AI future plans

ok not sure if this has already been covered but was in my local Thompsons agent yesterday chatting to manager, she told me she had attended a meeting this week and AI accross the whole Thompson fleet will be changing apparently:confused: AI will be offered to early bookers free of charge for a LTD time in future and the option to upgrade and pay for AI will be scrapped completly. I suppose that way they can do what they like with AI as it will be free for those lucky enough to get it.

ok not sure if this has already been covered but was in my local Thompsons agent yesterday chatting to manager, she told me she had attended a meeting this week and AI accross the whole Thompson fleet will be changing apparently:confused: AI will be offered to early bookers free of charge for a LTD time in future and the option to upgrade and pay for AI will be scrapped completly. I suppose that way they can do what they like with AI as it will be free for those lucky enough to get it.
cust

After all the hoo ha recently with the all inclusive package I thought Thomson would do something like this in the futureb high prices for 2011 this decision could cause loyal Thomson cruisers to look elsewhere. The Ai package has always been one of their biggest selling points.

Pam

Funnily enough I had reason to call my TA yesterday, with more questions about Dream. She made reference to the AI package, then quickly corrected herself & called it the 'drinks package' instead. Made me wonder if things were afoot to change it again :( Just not before I sail I hope!

Hi all,

4 of us are booked on the Destiny for the Tropical Transatlantic in December. We booked this in March rather than wait for a discounted price nearer to the departure date.On this occasion we booked early to ensure we would be on the ship for my wife's 60th birthday,able to select the cabin plus regional flights and the free all inclusive were available.

Normally we would book late and pay to upgrade to all inclusive.

If the T. A. is correct this will probably be our last cruise with Thomson if the all inclusive is only available,maybe at a cost, by booking early and paying the inflated brochure prices.

Many cruise lines now have excellent late deals at prices that undercut Thomson and if there is no all inclusive available we may as well try other cruise lines and pay as we go for drinks,which we will have to do with Thomsons anyway.

So sad that Thomsons feel they need to do this.Many long term loyal Thomson cruisers will be so disapointed.

They will spoil a good thing and lose the one big advantage they have

over their newer,bigger competitors.

Just how do they get away with selling an advertised drinks package, in advance. And then, change the contents of what's included in that package? You would think that's against the trades description act?? No doubt they've got it covered in the small print somewhere. We're booked on the Dream, in Sept 2011, so who knows what will be included by then?

My sister and BIL are booked on the Spirit for August 2011, they've paid just about £4000 for 2 weeks, including the free AI package. If they change the AI it's going to be a lot of money for a Thomson ship. Although we love the Spirit, if the AI isn't as it was I'd rather go on a P&O ship again and buy the drinks we want to drink NOT what Thomson say you can have with the AI package.

My sister and BIL are booked on the Spirit for August 2011, they've paid just about £4000 for 2 weeks, including the free AI package. If they change the AI it's going to be a lot of money for a Thomson ship. Although we love the Spirit, if the AI isn't as it was I'd rather go on a P&O ship again and buy the drinks we want to drink NOT what Thomson say you can have with the AI package.

We too have booked Spirit for Aug 2011 with free AI- if they change it to the restricred package- I agree thats an expensive price for a Thomson ship and we might forfeit our deposit and still get a cheaper cruise on other cruiselines. What are Thomsons coming to? You would think with the competetion they would want to retain loyal customers rather than alienate them

We too have booked Spirit for Aug 2011 with free AI- if they change it to the restricred package- I agree thats an expensive price for a Thomson ship and we might forfeit our deposit and still get a cheaper cruise on other cruiselines. What are Thomsons coming to? You would think with the competetion they would want to retain loyal customers rather than alienate them

Totally agree with you sobral!!

We have actually booked our next cruise with P&O rather than Thomson's.

Archived