Uniworld single suppliment

joeyg

I think you would have to ask the travel agent that question because I found it wasn't as straight forward as them waiving the single supplement. In order to qualify for waiving the supplement I had to upgrade to a higher level room which of course has to be subtrracted from the expected benefit of waiving the supplement. It was still cheaper but not exactly the savings that I was looking for......still... it was enough of a savings that I booked the trip.

We got a price for the Uniworld "tulips and windmills" cruise for 2011. The price was competitive for us a couple but because of no single supplement it was really good price for our cousin who travels with us. We deposited before April 15, 2010. A few days later our TA emailed that the quote was wrong and that there was a single supplement that made the fare 165% of fare for single. We are still signed up for the cruise but I feel that we were a bit taken advantage of. The low or no single supplement was the deciding factor in Uniworld's favor. Does not seem right for them to just say an employee made a wrong quote.

The no or low single supplement is for 2010. Hope they bring it back for 2011. :mad: I think a written quote should be honored.

Whineing about the single supplement worked today! Our cousin got a commitment from a friend to join her and we have traveled with this friend before and enjoyed it very much. Tulips here we come in only 325 days.

Archived