Blue Lagoon Beach Question

Monaco02

I searched every Blue Lagoon thread and can't find an answer to my question. We plan on doing just the beach day and are wondering if the only beach is the "lagoon" one shown in most pictures (and on their website) ?? The aerial view of the island on their website shows what I consider a "real beach" on the other side of the island. Does anyone know if you're allowed on this other beach or do you have to use the lagoon beach???

You ARE allowed to use the beach opposite of the lagoon. Be advised that it is a VERY rock laden area once in the water. You'll want to be careful where you step. The area is also cordoned off about 25 feet out. It is not monitored so it is probably just a warning to those who venture out in that area.

I searched every Blue Lagoon thread and can't find an answer to my question. We plan on doing just the beach day and are wondering if the only beach is the "lagoon" one shown in most pictures (and on their website) ?? The aerial view of the island on their website shows what I consider a "real beach" on the other side of the island. Does anyone know if you're allowed on this other beach or do you have to use the lagoon beach???

you are not welcome to use the beach on the other end of the island.. at least not yet. There is some rebuilding being done down that way, and at this point, there is no lifeguards or others to watch over you.

That side of the island is open to the sea, and the water can have an undertow. It's unwise to swim in unknown waters.

For now, the Lagoon is the only section open to the public.

I was not really planning on swimming........just would rather sit and look out at the ocean, walk along the shoreline. It appears that if you sit on the beach in the lagoon area you're looking at the trees on the opposite side......just not very "beachy", looks more like a lake :( May have to rethink this one. Thanks for the replies.

Hi Scubagirrl! Having just returned from the beautiful area you call home, I can say that I am extremely jealous that you get to experience this paradise every day! It's so awesome.

I totally yield to your local knowledge regarding the area in question by the OP. I would only hope that the folks in charge at Blue Lagoon make those wishes known more clearly. I didn't see any markings advising folks to stay away from the beach in question (although there was indeed a very prominent sign stating that no lifeguards were on duty) and there were a number of people swimming there. Indeed, there were a number of lounge chairs situated on that particular beach, presumably placed there by staff, seeming to invite visitors to the area. I totally agree that the area is FAR less than an ideal swimming area- the rocks got me out of there in a big hurry.

Thanks again for all of your amazing insights to this board. They certainly helped make for an awesome experience for me!

Hi Scubagirrl! Having just returned from the beautiful area you call home, I can say that I am extremely jealous that you get to experience this paradise every day! It's so awesome.

I totally yield to your local knowledge regarding the area in question by the OP. I would only hope that the folks in charge at Blue Lagoon make those wishes known more clearly. I didn't see any markings advising folks to stay away from the beach in question (although there was indeed a very prominent sign stating that no lifeguards were on duty) and there were a number of people swimming there. Indeed, there were a number of lounge chairs situated on that particular beach, presumably placed there by staff, seeming to invite visitors to the area. I totally agree that the area is FAR less than an ideal swimming area- the rocks got me out of there in a big hurry.

Thanks again for all of your amazing insights to this board. They certainly helped make for an awesome experience for me!

I believe the Tour that you pay for state that you can use lagoon beach. That's what you are paying for.

If they wanted you to use the rest of the island, I'm sure they would say so,.

Like I said, you can explore other parts of the island. But there's no lifeguards, and noone will let you know that you have just missed the last ferry back to nassau for the nite.

here's some pics from the north side of the island. Pretty rocky.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570114841yENJJP

Some of those rocks are downright scary too. The one between the two folks in the pic below looks lethal. :eek:

ry%3D400

Thank you so much for this photo!!! Like I said, I don't plan on swimming, so the rocks don't bother me......just want to sit on a real beach and perhaps get my feet wet :)

Definately going to say this posting surprised me. When we were there for the Beach Day back in March we went over to the side in question just to take a look and explore a little, but definately wouldn't have swam there - I was never under the impression we weren't to be on that side. There were a few other people there as well just enjoying yet another beautiful part of the island! We swam on the other side but enjoyed all aspects of the island. I'm glad to hear you won't be missing out because of this, Blue Lagoon Island is really incredible!

Archived