Legend Drydock 2011

Boatingmom

Dude we don't want to smell those cigars. :eek::D

What??? :eek:

Oh well, just don't come to my balcony, the cigar club, or the starboard side of the outside deck.

It would have been nice to lay back on the Serenity deck without screaming kiddies. :D

Sounds like they'll be relocated - might be by one of the mid-ship lido deck pool bars or something. They are quite popular so I doubt they'd take them out completely.

I booked an aft cabin just to be close to the Unicorn bar so now that it is turning into a Serenity deck this will be very convenient for an evening nightcap!

I never ventured down to the dance club last year so I won't see what they changed :(

MagnoliaFly, I see you are a corgi lover! So are we! Sorry to hijack this thread guys. I'll be quick. I looked at the photos on your blogspot. We have our newest in agility training. E-mail me at rickcop44 at hotmail dot com. I'd love to send you some photos of our Utah corgi's.

According to the Carnival site, the ice cream machines on Legend are currently located by the aft Unicorn pool. That is the area that will be transformed into the Serenity area. I'm pretty sure they will be moving the ice cream stations forward to the mid ship area of the Lido deck by the Avalon main pool.

When we were on the legend in January there was an ice cream machine near the Avalon pool right near the hamburger grill station. We enjoyed cones from there a few times during our trip.

Sorry but I disagree, I love the smell of a cigar, but really hate the smell of a cigarette.

I prefer old-timey pipe tobacco smoke myself... but yeah I'm glad the whole area is no-smoking. Plenty of other spots on board to smoke for the smokers.

MagnoliaFly, I see you are a corgi lover! So are we! Sorry to hijack this thread guys. I'll be quick. I looked at the photos on your blogspot. We have our newest in agility training. E-mail me at rickcop44 at hotmail dot com. I'd love to send you some photos of our Utah corgi's.

Done! I always love a good corgi thread hijack.

What??? :eek:

Oh well, just don't come to my balcony, the cigar club, or the starboard side of the outside deck.

It would have been nice to lay back on the Serenity deck without screaming kiddies. :D

I agree...that used to be my favorite hangout on Spirit class ships:( Not sure why they can't designate a small are of it for smokers since it's all open back there...instead the smoking area will be where the kiddies are. Yup, that makes perfect sense to me:rolleyes:

I think they should put up a bar on the deck above and designate that as the smoking area.

Pretty soon they'll tell us to go smoke across the street!:eek::mad:

I agree...that used to be my favorite hangout on Spirit class ships:( Not sure why they can't designate a small are of it for smokers since it's all open back there...instead the smoking area will be where the kiddies are. Yup, that makes perfect sense to me:rolleyes:

I think they should put up a bar on the deck above and designate that as the smoking area.

Pretty soon they'll tell us to go smoke across the street!:eek::mad:

Don't kid yourself.....some people on these boards would already tell you to go smoke across the street, and they would mean it. Some of them get pretty darn snarky on here about anything to do with smoking, kinda scary sometimes.

Love the idea of a bar one level up, then the smoke can just go up in the air and all the crabby people won't be able to "smell it". The only rule should be.... it's a smoking bar only so if you don't smoke or your not with someone that smokes then you can't hang out up there!

We checked out the Serenity area on our last cruise, very nice to see but sure didn't have any interest in spending any time there once I figured out I couldn't even enjoy a drink and a smoke on the smoking side of the ship.

Cigar Dude: I would enjoy smelling your cigar and I also enjoy good pipe tobacco as well. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival Legend Returns to Service with New Enhancements Following 14-Day Dry Dock

http://carnival-news.com/2011/02/24/carnival-legend-returns-to-service-with-new-enhancements-following-14-day-dry-dock/

Not to hi-jack the thread back to its purpose, but there are pictures of the ship after dry dock, especially the Serenity Changes.

As promised, here are some pictures of the new serenity area in use. The area was very nice but overtaken by chair hogs the first sea day. DW and I were able to find a spot for sail-away after Roatan and Cozumel and found the serenity deck the perfect spot to have a drink and wave goodbye to paradise. It was a wonderful cruise and I hope to do a review soon.

Serenity203.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Serenity202.jpg

Ooo thanks for the photos! Was worried about chair hogs back there :rolleyes:, hoping we'll be able to get some seats when we wanna relax kid-free.

When we were on the Glory last year we didn't seem to have that problem. The dynamics os the area were a bit different however. It lacked a pool and bar, it just had the chairs and 2 hot tubs. The only thing I remember having an issues being full was the hammocks, but there was only 2 or 4 of those.

Archived