Eurodam/Nieuw Amsterdam Sq Footage

Madbullogna

After having just finished my Alaskan cruise, my mother and I took the opportunity to book onboard for our next cruise. I had a few questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to yet....

1> Anyone know just how much of a reduced depth for the verandah the SC cabins have on the Signature class compared to the Vista class? We were in SC-5191 on the Oosterdam, and have booked SC-4183 on the Nieuw Amsterdam for our future cruise. I understand we will gain about 40sq ft in living space by being on deck 4 instead of 5 this time, (which is good since we'll be spending 10 extra days together, heh), but from the few pics I can find from the Eurdam, the balconies seemed about half as deep, if that......

2> Does anyone have the sq ft of the living area on SA/SB's on deck 7 I believe? HAL's wbsite lists all the Deluxe Verandas as 460-700sq ft (with veranda), but I am curious as to actual living space. We currently have 372sq ft in SC4183, and would lose living space by moving up in decks if we wanted to stay in an aft-corner SC's. BUT - Just how much more space is there in an SA/SB?

I doubt we would want to give up the view and peace we had in that aft-corner, but if it's a dramatic difference.......

Thanks all. :-)

Archived