Can a child stay in the room?

Looking to possibly sail on the Enchantment of the Seas out of Norfolk. They have "inside" and "outside" rooms that look from the pictures like they have 2 tiny beds in them. Can my wife and I travel and use one bed and have a 6 year old in the other bed in the same room? They won't force us to upgrade to a larger room, will they? There are no suites left anyway, so not sure how that works.

As long as the room allows for 3 people to stay in it then yes, they cannot make you upgrade if the rooms allows for 3 people to stay. Make sure you have booked a room that will allow 3 people for sleeping purposes.

Looking to possibly sail on the Enchantment of the Seas out of Norfolk. They have "inside" and "outside" rooms that look from the pictures like they have 2 tiny beds in them. Can my wife and I travel and use one bed and have a 6 year old in the other bed in the same room? They won't force us to upgrade to a larger room, will they? There are no suites left anyway, so not sure how that works.

The standard pictures they show of an inside or outside room have the 2 tiny beds. For a couple to share a bed, they push the 2 beds together and create 1 larger bed. There are several inside and outside rooms that can accommodate from 2 to 4 people. The 3rd and 4th bed can be "pullmans", which are bunk beds that either come off of the side of the wall or out of the roof depending on the ship, or there is sometimes a bed in the couch (at least on Carnival, not sure about RCI).

Not all rooms can sleep more than 2, so you would have to book a room that had the option of the 3rd person in order to have the 3rd sleeping spot. If you book for 3, then you should only be able to select rooms that are available for 3 but you can double check by comparing rooms to ship floorplans. There will be a symbol on rooms that can have 3 or 4 guests.

I'm not sure if I made any sense, lol. In short, you and your spouse do not have to share 1 of the tiny beds, as you can book a regular inside or outside room that will have enough room to sleep 3 :)

You need to book a room that allows at least 3 people. They are available in every category, but you can´t take your 6yo in a cabin designed for only two people.

It's very simple, you will be giving them 3 names, they will give you 3 beds.......nothing to it. The cruise line cannot deviate from that. They have to provide a bed for every name in that cabin. If you are booking an inside or outside, there is probably a 95% chance you will have a bunk bed for your 6 y.o. You and DH can have 2 twin beds or 1 queen bed, just let your TA know how you want your bed.

enjoy

Yes, we (mom+dad) stayed in inside cabins with young daughter. It can be done and if you're tidy it's not even a big deal.

Not sure what this means. The room stewart will clean the room twice a day and straighten things up.

Not sure what this means. The room stewart will clean the room twice a day and straighten things up.

I think they mean that if you keep your things picked up, you'd not even realize there are extra people in the room. :)

Of course if you toss clothing everywhere, it will make a bit more of a difference.

Does the steward pick up the clothes and things too? I wonder what they do with messy people (seriously just wondering). I'm too neat to do that to someone. At home? Sure. Away on vacation? I'm too neat. LOL

I think they mean that if you keep your things picked up, you'd not even realize there are extra people in the room. :)

Of course if you toss clothing everywhere, it will make a bit more of a difference.

Does the steward pick up the clothes and things too? I wonder what they do with messy people (seriously just wondering). I'm too neat to do that to someone. At home? Sure. Away on vacation? I'm too neat. LOL

I always put my stuff away before the cabin attendants come in. I appreciate their work and efforts, but I think it´s not their job to put away my stuff.

However I think if there´s messy people, yes they would pick up their stuff from the floor and put it like on a chair or a sofa.

I always put my stuff away before the cabin attendants come in. I appreciate their work and efforts, but I think it´s not their job to put away my stuff.

However I think if there´s messy people, yes they would pick up their stuff from the floor and put it like on a chair or a sofa.

Poor guys! They EARN their money!

I wonder what they do with messy people (seriously just wondering). I'm too neat to do that to someone. At home? Sure. Away on vacation? I'm too neat. LOL

I'm all for tidying up after yourself, no need to give the employees extra work.

For as long as I can remember, I'm 20 now, my mum has this rule that you pick up everything and put them away before bed.

On our last cruise in addition to that, when we got up in the mornings we remade our beds.

It was so funny because once we were leaving really late and we didn't hear our steward knock so he walked in on my mother smoothing the sheets on the bed, he couldn't stop laughing, telling us that he was starting to wonder if we ever slept in the room.

I'm all for tidying up after yourself, no need to give the employees extra work.

For as long as I can remember, I'm 20 now, my mum has this rule that you pick up everything and put them away before bed.

On our last cruise in addition to that, when we got up in the mornings we remade our beds.

It was so funny because once we were leaving really late and we didn't hear our steward knock so he walked in on my mother smoothing the sheets on the bed, he couldn't stop laughing, telling us that he was starting to wonder if we ever slept in the room.

LOL - I do the same thing. It just makes it easier to get dressed in the morning IMO. With the bed made, I can lay things out and not miss them in the glob of sheets. :)

They are going to make you get a room for 3 people. As for the sleeping arrangements on the 2 tiny beds, 2 adults cant sleep on one of those beds, they are indeed tiny. You won't be comfortable. Call them instead of doing it online, they will be able to help you decide what room to get.

They are going to make you get a room for 3 people. As for the sleeping arrangements on the 2 tiny beds, 2 adults cant sleep on one of those beds, they are indeed tiny. You won't be comfortable. Call them instead of doing it online, they will be able to help you decide what room to get.

The 2 beds can be put together to make a queen size bed in most cabins.

Archived