hump v aft? Help!

sheilb4

I am confused now after reading many posts...some are saying that the center hump cabins have larger cabins/balconies, that will accommodate 2 sun loungers, table etc, yet the aft cabins apparently have large balconies like this also but with some obstructed views with the structural railings.

Please help, I need to make a decision! there are less corner aft cabins than the hump cabins so I would have more choice...anyone experienced either?...

I am leaning towards the hump ones now...help me decide!! Thanks.

This will be for the Mariner....

We've had hump cabins on the Navigator and the Explorer, both Junior Suites. We have had aft cabins on the Radiance and the Jewel, both D1 cabins. We are now advocates of aft cabins. We really don't need more room than there is in D1 cabins and we really like the larger balconies aft. You can also eat more as you get a lot of exercise walking from the cabin to the first set of stairs/elevators and back at least half a dozen times a day. ;)

I had to chuckle at your comment concerning eating more because you're walking back and forth to your cabin half a dozen times a day. We're leaving tomorrow for Miami to sail on the Brilliance Friday and we have the corner aft #9256. Have been told this is a coveted cabin, but the walking is a bit much. Guess we'll find out. Certainly will be worth it, tho, I'm thinking. Good sailing, all. Mike!!

I've had both and would take the 'hump' cabins anyday.

Having your stateroom so central is incredibly convenient. Also the ship's movement is decreased significantly.

Walking down the hallway is not so great of an excercise that it would make any difference in the slightest. (I know that the previous poster here made that comment in jest but it's suprising how many people have posted that it would make a difference)

From day one on the ship we take the stairs everywhere. Even from deck one to the windjammer - THAT's a bit more like exercise.

9256 is a great cabin. We were in 9258 on the Radiance in Alaska and it was also very good. We had very little motion and never had any soot on the balcony. An aft balcony is perfect for Alaska, even at Hubbard Glacier as the Captain rotates the ship so everyone can see the glacier. Alaska and the Panama Canal are two cruises where aft cabins would be better.

And you were right that my exercise comment was made in jest.

My wife liked the hump cabins we had as we're diamond members and it was only 28 steps to the Concierge Lounge.

9256 is a great cabin. We were in 9258 on the Radiance in Alaska and it was also very good. We had very little motion and never had any soot on the balcony. An aft balcony is perfect for Alaska, even at Hubbard Glacier as the Captain rotates the ship so everyone can see the glacier. Alaska and the Panama Canal are two cruises where aft cabins would be better.

And you were right that my exercise comment was made in jest.

My wife liked the hump cabins we had as we're diamond members and it was only 28 steps to the Concierge Lounge.

Soot only seems to be an issue on Voyager class ships, including Mariner (the one the OP is on.)

Thanks for the varied input...gosh, it is difficult to make a decision.What about the E1 category on the hump...I see some reviews stating they are larger balconies, room for 2 sun loungers etc....anyone experience them?

Anyone have a favorite cain they have experienced w/sun loungers???

I am travelling solo, so cannot justify the extra $$ of a junior suite, but I really want the privacy and option to llie in the sun on my own lounger!! help!!!

Thanks for the varied input...gosh, it is difficult to make a decision.What about the E1 category on the hump...I see some reviews stating they are larger balconies, room for 2 sun loungers etc....anyone experience them?

Anyone have a favorite cain they have experienced w/sun loungers???

I am travelling solo, so cannot justify the extra $$ of a junior suite, but I really want the privacy and option to llie in the sun on my own lounger!! help!!!

The extended cabins DO give you a couple of loungers, but unless you are on the aft, don't count on getting a lot of sun. The balcony above you puts a roof over your deck and the deep part won't get sun in the day time at all.

If you want sun, go for the Aft.

Also, about soot, we were on the Voyager just a couple of weeks ago and didn't get any soot that we noticed.

Archived