Which cabin to book?

Hi guys,

After the great time we had on our last cruise in February on the Pacific Jewel, we're thinking of taking an 8 day cruise, again on the Jewel in November.:D The last time we had an outside cabin on Deck 10 (10194) and this time we're thinking about booking an outside cabin with balcony on Deck 11.

Anybody here have any suggestions as port or starboard side or even better, a cabin number? I realise that you do get a fair bit of noise from Deck 12 in the evening/night but I can't remember which side was quieter.

Adam

Hi guys,

After the great time we had on our last cruise in February on the Pacific Jewel, we're thinking of taking an 8 day cruise, again on the Jewel in November.:D The last time we had an outside cabin on Deck 10 (10194) and this time we're thinking about booking an outside cabin with balcony on Deck 11.

Anybody here have any suggestions as port or starboard side or even better, a cabin number? I realise that you do get a fair bit of noise from Deck 12 in the evening/night but I can't remember which side was quieter.

Adam

Hi Adam,

If you're on deck 11, I'd try to be more central (mid-ship), in case you're caught in big seas. Can't comment about portside or starboard having any benefits over each other, though it may be useful if you're doing a circumnavigation cruise eg Aus or NZ.

Hope you enjoy your November cruise.

:) Anna

Thanks Linda. I'm a bit like you when it comes to sleeping, head down and its "good night Gracie".

Was the sea rough on your trip? Maybe the stabilizers were out and that could account for the vibrations.

To be honest i don't know if the stabilisers were out, I didn't think it was rough but a few people were complaining and the bags were out one day.

I thought the Pacific Jewel handled the seas really well.

I can get sea sick but I had no problem on the Jewel.

I cannot complain about the location we had, except I was forever turning the wrong way down the corridor....I swear it wasn't alcohol

Linda

Archived