question about timing

Our wedding is at port in Santorini. The ship tenders at 7am and our ceremony is not until 12:30pm. We have all morning to do as we like. Since our families will be on the island already, we are leaving the ship early to spend time with them. Then we have one hour at the site - so during that time we will have the ceremony (15min), then cake, champagne, and photos will be taken. Hope that helps!

If you are referring to an embarkment day wedding (the start of the cruise) then yes, it can be kind of rushed. On average...there is about an hour between boarding the ship and the start of the ceremony. The bulk of your pictures (poses around the ship) will be done after your reception.

Very little time to get ready, very rushed reception if it's on the first day of the cruise. We had to be there by 10 am, but didn't leave the customs area until around 11:30. Got on the ship even later... probably about 12 before I got to my room. Wedding at 1. And this was all while they tried their hardest to get me on that ship and give me time to get ready. If I had it to do over again, I'd come ready, and just slip my dress on at the last minute. But since we left home at 6 am... that didn't seem feasible at the time.

I suggest you add at least one hour to your reception, and an hour of photos after the reception too.

Typically they try to give you an hour to get ready (from the time you get to your room til the ceremony) I didn't feel rushed at all but after we went through the check in we were stuck in the terminal for almost an hour due to some customs issue from the last cruise. That did push back our wedding time but we still had plenty of time.

I didn't want to take time from my reception to do the photos around the ship. What we did was got an extra sitting (2 days later) during a sea day. We didn't mind getting redressed and having it as a more relaxed time both with the reception and the 2nd sitting

I'm getting married in St Thomas. They are picking us up at 9am to go to court to get the licence and taking us back to the ship. They will then return at 11.30 to take the groom and guests and 11.45 to get me and my MOH.

The wedding is at 12.00 - just 15 mins between pick up and cremony so they can wait for the bride to be fashionably late because I'm not stressing. The photographer wanted it earlier for better light conditions and the planner said we couldn't make it earlier otherwise I'd be stressed running back and forth.

We've worked out that I will have to have my hair done before going to the court house -because we have no idea how long it will be before we get back on the ship.

x

Archived