Dining/Seating questions...Traveling w/ family

LastofSeptember

My DH and I are traveling with my parents and my sister and BIL, we've requested to be seated together, and I'm just wondering since I haven't cruised on Carnival before, and previously we've always cruised alone...Do you think we'll have a table with just the 6 of us, or will we likely have additional tablemates...? TIA

Funny you should ask! I too am cruising with my hubby, my parents, my brother and his girlfriend, and I called my trip advisor at Carnival just yesterday to ask the same question....I want a private table for 6.

His advice was that he made a note of my request, but the final seating arrangements are made by the maitre D. He suggested that upon arrival, go see the Maitre D as soon as possible and request the table for 6, and a small token of my appreciation would also be very helpful (line his palm with some green). hehe

I'm leaving on February 19, 2005. I'll let you know how I made out with the dinner seating when I get back!

When is your cruise?

Stacy

More than likely, you'll be seated at a table for six, since your PVP requested it and there are a lot of six tops in every dining room I've been in. When you board the ship, go to your cabin and look at your copy of the Capers (ship's newsletter). It will tell you when and where to see the Maitre 'd.

We've traveled with family and friends on our last three cruises and have always been seated together. There's been 7 of us each time. There will be 9 of us going on the Sensation in April. Don't know how they will work that. Not sure if they have tables for that many or not....

Robbie

Archived