Horseback Riding?

traya2

Well, I have found 4 different tours offering horseback riding. I am having a terrible time trying to decide which one to go with? Time is an issue, since we are in port for a total of 9 hours. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

My 11 year old son, two cousins (11 and 9), his Aunt and Grandmother went horseback riding in Belize and had a wonderful time. Here's the link to the one they used http://www.adventuresinbelize.com/adv-horsebacknew.htm

The guides took good care of all of the riders. They (the riders) all had fairly minimal experience. The kids had lessons at camp but I don't think my Sister in Law or Mother had been on a horse for a long time. Nevertheless, they went through the rainforest and even did some galloping or cantering - something fast. I'm not clear on the different stages of running but apparently it was exciting and fun. Sorry I don't have more details.

Well, I have found 4 different tours offering horseback riding. I am having a terrible time trying to decide which one to go with? Time is an issue, since we are in port for a total of 9 hours. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Keep in mind that of that 9 hours in port, you're going to have to allow at least 2 hours (1hr at the start - 1 at the end) due to the tendering situation there. Of course it could be less, but I'm sure you don't want to accidentally get stuck in Belize.

I did an inland relatively private (3pax) horseback ride with shoretrips.com I've booked many of my own and the groups that I promote trips through them. I liked that they have insurance to get me to the next port if needed. Especially when I'm headed inland to do something off the beaten path. Great stable, fantastic guide.

We returned 2 weeks ago from a fantastic cruise on the NCL Sun. We reserved a horseback riding excursion through http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com. We took our children ages 8 and 5. The only complaint was that we had to wait 30 minutes for another couple to show up who had some trouble getting an early tender off the ship. (Our recommendation is to get up early to get a ticket for the first or second tender off the ship.) Our son (age 8) rode his own horse and our daughter rode on my horse with me. Total cost was $252 for the excursion plus a $10 tip to our driver and $10 tip to our horse guide. We had to pay $50.40 up front on our credit card when we booked the excursion and $222 cash at a taxi driver association building located near the pier. The 40 mile drive to the Maruba Resort (see http://www.maruba-spa.com for details) was a long one but well worth it. Our horseback ride lasted around 90 minutes and was very exciting for begniners like ourselves. After the ride we had lunch at the jungle spa. This is the kind of place where movie stars vacation! It definitely feels like a jungle and there are even fresh picked bananas to eat as you enter the reception area. Lunch cost somewhere around US$60 for the 4 of us but it was very tasty. We did not have any spa services there and did not have time to take a dip in the pool after eating lunch.

Archived