Traveling to Long Beach for Cruise

snowteacher

Anyone have any suggestions on hotels, shuttles, etc. for LAX and Long Beach. We are flying into LAX the night before the cruise, but would like to stay at a hotel that has a shuttle to the Carnival cruise terminal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We cruised on Splendor last year around Halloween and found a really great deal at the Hilton Long Beach located at 701 W. Ocean Blvd. (562) 983-3400. I don't remember how much we paid, but I recall it being somewhere around $100 with tax. That included the parking and the shuttle to the hotel. At the time we booked, there was a special with Carnival, you might want to try mentioning that as well.

We were at the Westin on Ocean Blvd. for $70 through Priceline. Shuttle will take you to the port. An easy walk to the beach if you have time.

Supershuttle will pick you up at LAX. Very convenient.

Restaurants: We ate at George's Greek restaurant and at the Island Burgers. Both were very good and easy walking from the Westin.

One very surprising thing: It was extremely chilly 2 weekends ago when we were there. High about 63 and cool wind coming off the ocean made it feel much colder.

We cruised on Splendor last year around Halloween and found a really great deal at the Hilton Long Beach located at 701 W. Ocean Blvd. (562) 983-3400. I don't remember how much we paid, but I recall it being somewhere around $100 with tax. That included the parking and the shuttle to the hotel. At the time we booked, there was a special with Carnival, you might want to try mentioning that as well.

Wow...glad I checked this hotel 'thread!'....we usually stay at Hilton properties (HHonors)...however, on-line...price was much higher! Hubby wants to park at pier (hates waiting for shuttle!)...so we know what will be $105 for parking....but I always like to stay at Hilton properties 'for the points'...thanks for this info...I will call in the morning to see what is available.

We have about a 6-7 hr drive on day before cruise...so will basically just need a 'place to sleep!' and get ready in the morning...still going to check out this Hilton info

Thank u :p

Wow...glad I checked this hotel 'thread!'....we usually stay at Hilton properties (HHonors)...however, on-line...price was much higher! Hubby wants to park at pier (hates waiting for shuttle!)...so we know what will be $105 for parking....but I always like to stay at Hilton properties 'for the points'...thanks for this info...I will call in the morning to see what is available.

We have about a 6-7 hr drive on day before cruise...so will basically just need a 'place to sleep!' and get ready in the morning...still going to check out this Hilton info

Thank u :p

You may get a better overall rate with its stay/park cruise package. Just take a cab over to the hotel if it works out cheaper. (I think the package rate is less than what you quoted for parking.)

Archived