Ice Bar in Stockholm

Hello,

We've just made our reservations at the famous "Ice Bar" in Stockholm and my question is, if you using the hop on-hop off boats as our main mode of transportation,

what stop do we need to get off at?

I understand the HoHo boats run continuously throughout the day.

First stop is Gamla Stan (the old city)

Second stop is Gamla Stan/Palace

Third stop is theater/Nybroplan

Fourth stop is Vasa Museum

Fifth stop is Skansen/Tivioli

Our plans are to hit the Vasa Museum first, then Gran Stan, and last but not least the "Ice Bar"! Our time slot for the "Ice Bar" is at 14:15 to 1500 (2:15 to 3:00 pm). I know the Nordic Sea Hotel is located in the Center, but which stop is closest to our final destination?:confused:

Thank you in advance!

Trish

None of the stops are really close, but two are workable. Either the Gamla Stan/Palace stop or the Nybroplan stop will work. Both are about a 15-20 minute walk from the Ice Bar and are very pleasant walks. You can take the metro easily from the Nybroplan stop if you want (Kungstradgarden to T-Centrallen). The Ice Bar is right next to the central train station, so it would be easy to get a taxi to/from there if needed. Here's a link to a Google map I made showing the area and the two stops, so you can see for yourself. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102518393280142840954.000488035c3249a31acbc&ll=59.330212,18.066459&spn=0.010464,0.026522&z=15

Whichever stop works best into your day will do.

None of the stops are really close, but two are workable. Either the Gamla Stan/Palace stop or the Nybroplan stop will work. Both are about a 15-20 minute walk from the Ice Bar and are very pleasant walks. You can take the metro easily from the Nybroplan stop if you want (Kungstradgarden to T-Centrallen). The Ice Bar is right next to the central train station, so it would be easy to get a taxi to/from there if needed. Here's a link to a Google map I made showing the area and the two stops, so you can see for yourself. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102518393280142840954.000488035c3249a31acbc&ll=59.330212,18.066459&spn=0.010464,0.026522&z=15

Whichever stop works best into your day will do.

Thanks so much! I printed the map out and your reply for navigation purposes!

All the best,

Trish

You can take the metro easily from the Nybroplan stop if you want (Kungstradgarden to T-Centrallen).

Just an FYI, the Kungstragården metro stop is on the Blue Line. It is one stop to T-Centralen. There is a pretty good walk through the tunnel system to get to the exits at T-Centralen and let me tell you, it can get quite confusing when it comes time to hit the streets again. I've lived here since 1997 and I still get confused at Centralen sometimes.

Have fun,

Al

Archived