Easter aboard-children expecting basket

morningglorymish

First time cruising. I will be traveling on the NCL Dawn on Easter morning. My daughter will so be looking for a basket when she wakes up.

Any suggestions?? She's 10..... I know! I am pretty sure she is still playing me but I have to continue in this game.

I was thinking of having Easter Baskets arrive at home before we depart, with lots of things for cruising and mention I told The Fluffy guy he had to squeeze us in early.

I do not want to schlep and make baskets aboard. I'm on vacation too. :

First time cruising. I will be traveling on the NCL Dawn on Easter morning. My daughter will so be looking for a basket when she wakes up.

Any suggestions?? She's 10..... I know! I am pretty sure she is still playing me but I have to continue in this game.

I was thinking of having Easter Baskets arrive at home before we depart, with lots of things for cruising and mention I told The Fluffy guy he had to squeeze us in early.

I do not want to schlep and make baskets aboard. I'm on vacation too. :

Same situation happened to us, twice. The first time, the Easter Bunny arrived early with all kinds of goodies for the long flight to Hawaii. Then on Easter we were pleasantly surprised when an officer of the ship was walking around with a dressed up Bunny handing out HUGE SOLID Chocolate Bunnies as well as plastic eggs with some of the best candy inside to all the kids. The candy was very abundant and such a great gesture.

The second time, we were getting off the ship on Easter morning and traveling home so I had a friend go in our house and hide all the appropriate stuff so it was there when we arrived home.

we were cruising during Christmas so lots of small gifts were packed in an overnight bag...then they were magically there after returning from dinner christmas eve. How about if instead of a basket which is hard to pack you got one of those neat special bag or something like that and put the stuff in there(nothing persihable like real eggs, but chocolate bunnies should be ok). it shouldn't take too much room if everything is mostly flat when you pack it,

like green tissue paper instead of that plastic 'grass stuff...

So I have to do this on board ,not before. And .. Oh my ..what if someone else gets an Easter bag /box, on the cruise. I am dead meat people. After packing my illegal steam iron, just kidding all you steam iron people can I borrow your iron?, nightlight,alarm clock, overdoor hanger, closet shoe org., overdoor shoe org. surge prot. extension cord, etc. I will stuff the easter grass , and plastic eggs in my kitchen sink. Just kidding. And seriously, minus the sink I am totally packin all that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you asked this. I'm been wondering about this as well. We'll be returning to New Orleans on Easter morning. I have a 16 year old and an 11 year old and I know that they don't believe any more. As one of the posters mentioned, you still have to play the game. It's a tradition. Since, we have family in N.O., we will be having Easter with them after we get off the ship. At this point, I'm thinking that the Easter Bunny may somehow make a stop at their house.

Elizabeth

I can imagine that you would want to maintain your family traditions. I have seen those soft, furry Easter baskets. They would pack pretty flat and then you might be able to hide all the stuff that you fill them with under other items in your carry on or suitcases. The idea of having something delivered is smart. You might even check with the cruise line. I know they deliver flowers and things so they might have something special for the holidays.

We have not been home for Easter in 5 years, my kids are 6 and 9 and very much still "believe".. We've done it different ways, last year we wrote a letter to the Easter Bunny, and he hid a few eggs on Sunday, but baskets and the rest of our (plastic) eggs were at home when we got there. It gives them something to look forward to once vacation is over.

We've also done the secret easter duffle with all the appropriate bunny stuff,

sounds like that is not what you're looking for, I'd suggest hide a couple eggs and a note from the bunny saying "wait til you see what's at home!!!

Have Fun!!!

Perhaps not a traditional basket for her. I (with three daughters) usually take something they need and put their "stuff" in it. For the cruise, maybe a sun hat with lotions, sunglasses, lip balm and other sundry items that you would have to pack anyway. It cuts down on the candy and sugar, although i always throw a few chocolate eggs and jelly beans in. No need to back a bulky basket or messy grass. This will aslo give her additional "souviners" from her trip. Have fun!

Have one delivered to the ship from companies that do this:D

Regarding that, I don't think there are any companies that deliver to the port of new york. I know there are numerous ones for the port of miami and fort lauderdale.. I looked into this last year, and the only people that were delivering to port NYC were highend florists who didn't do gift baskets, etc..

Regarding that, I don't think there are any companies that deliver to the port of new york. I know there are numerous ones for the port of miami and fort lauderdale.. I looked into this last year, and the only people that were delivering to port NYC were highend florists who didn't do gift baskets, etc..

I don`t know if I am allowed to do this, I won`t give a name but here is a #1-800-423-6525 for gifts in NY.

Archived