Robbed in barcelona

jerryjash

Robbed of $500.00 at Barcelona airport security...taken from passport wallet at airport security while being hand screened because of pacemaker...all the stories you hear about pickpockets and crime in Barcelona are obviously true, including the airport security people.

Well we were robbed of a $400.00 camera in Newark, N.J. The TSA took one of our bags into a room to "inspect" and returned all zipped up. We were late to catch our flight so we realized when we got to our destination.Of course we had three cameras in the bag and they took the only one of value. Anyways what can you do? If you complain they will probably give you a hard time.

So thiefs are worldwide I guess.:( Sorry for your loss.

My wife was pick pocketed in Barcelona within 3 hours of arriving in the city. You absolutely MUST be careful in that city. The thiefs are everywhere. With that being said, it is still a fantastic city to visit but be vigilant.

I can't understand why they would take it to a back room to check it out. There is no way I will let my bags out of my sight,,,,it's too scary now days to let things out of sight...

Traveling with our 8 yr. old, trying to put my shoes back on, putting my jacket on, gathering all our bags off the belt, making sure we still have our tickets, etc.....you know the utter confusion after exiting the scanner area so you just "assume" everything would be legit. Well you know what they say about if you "assume".:D It was a well learned lesson and never again. If anything I hope my experience will help someone in the future.:)

God Bless you too Marilyn.:)

Archived