Exersaucer

pjn

I would love to bring this onboard our Princess cruise for my granddaughter to use. Would I be able to check it with my luggage or should I carry it onboard? Has anyone ever brought one of these play gyms onboard? She is 10 months old and it would help us while we babysit her. We will have plenty of room on our caribe deck balcony. Thanks for your help.

If you do a search of this forum using "exersaucer", you should find some posts - I know at least one person here has brought one. You are not allowed to store it (or anything else) on your balcony though.

I brought two bouncie chairs on my first cruise with my twins (also on Princess) and I just taped luggage tags to them and checked them with my luggage at the pier. I'd do the same thing with an excersaucer.

Best,

Mia

We just sailed for two weeks with our 11 month old, and would have had no room to bring such a big item, but I suppose if you have strength to carry it and room to put it, go for it.

What about a door bouncer instead? It would weigh a lot less! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018CMXHW?ie=UTF8&tag=babdoobou-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0018CMXHW

Our daughter learned to spend time sitting in her crib - she had a variety of toys, and when we were all in the cabin getting dressed, she learned she had to be in there to avoid getting stepped on! (there was 2 adults, 2 kids in an inside, so quite cramped!) Other than that, she sometimes spent time in the space between the bathroom and wardrobe - the little "hallway" behind the cabin door. She had room to cruise around, and I'd set a suitcase in the opening to keep her contained if I had to take my eyes off her.

Have a great cruise!

How would you hook a door bouncer?? I wouldnt think the cruise line would like that... but, would be wonderful if they did! Ive thought about taking the exersaucer, since it does fold up..let me know about the door bouncer, please.

Jolly Jumper takes up WAY less space and is very light as well.. not sure how it would work out in rough seas.. <G>

I looked that up online,and it looks like it takes up a lot of room. The only thing that would take up less would just be the swing part. But, have no idea how or what to hang it from...Im gonna have to do a search and see if anyone has taken a jumper.

I like the exersaucer because you could even take it out on deck in the shade somewhere to sit outside, or sit with it out on the balcony. I did that with my bouncie chairs - it was nice to have someplace besides the stroller to put them down out on deck (of course, out of the way of others).

Best,

Mia

Yeah, and our exersaucer folds up, so it would not be that difficult to bring since we drive to the port. But, the swing does sound interesting too if we could hook it to a strong doorway and it wouldnt ruin anything. Now, if shes walking by the time of the cruise, Im sure we could keep her in anything! :D

We brought our exersaucer on board with us. We drove to the ship. We took everything detachable off and packed it and hand carried the unit onto the ship.

It paid off for those times when we just wanted to lounge around. We could put DS into the exersaucer and relax.

Archived