Where to eat along Fundy Trail?

We will be renting a car and trying to catch the low tide to get into the sea caves on 6/16. Afterwards, we planned on heading to the Fundy Trail for some hiking.

I have no idea how the timing will work out as Carnival says we dock @ 8 - but is that ship time? So really 9 Atlantic? Looks like we might be cutting the sea caves close as low tide is showing @ 9:27 am. Do you think we will be able to get the car and get to St. Martin in time - I have read 2 hours on either side of low tide?

That said, I am thinking we might be done in St. Martin before lunch, so I am looking for suggestions of good places to eat either in St. Martin or around the Fundy Trail. Can anyone make suggestions? Would love some lobster....yum!

Thanks for your advice!

We will be renting a car and trying to catch the low tide to get into the sea caves on 6/16. Afterwards, we planned on heading to the Fundy Trail for some hiking.

I have no idea how the timing will work out as Carnival says we dock @ 8 - but is that ship time? So really 9 Atlantic? Looks like we might be cutting the sea caves close as low tide is showing @ 9:27 am. Do you think we will be able to get the car and get to St. Martin in time - I have read 2 hours on either side of low tide?

That said, I am thinking we might be done in St. Martin before lunch, so I am looking for suggestions of good places to eat either in St. Martin or around the Fundy Trail. Can anyone make suggestions? Would love some lobster....yum!

Thanks for your advice!

Check here to see when your ship docks "local time":

http://www.cruisesaintjohn.ca/visitsaintjohn/cruise_printer.asp

You have plenty of time to see caves at low tide.

There are no restaurants along the Fundy Parkway itself with the exception of a snack bar at the end of the trail at the interpretive center. There are 2 restaurants on the beach in St. Martin's overlooking the seacaves; however they will be busy as some of the ship tours include a stop there for lunch. You'll have no problem finding lobster there. There is another family restaurant in the area.

The Caves Restaurant in St. Martins is awesome. They offer lots of seafood items (yummy chowder!!!) as well as 'regular' food like hotdogs, hamburgers, etc. The price isn't too bad either. We had our own personal tour guide so it was nice to just take our time and leave everything up to him.

Hope you enjoy your trip!!! :D

The Caves Restaurant in St. Martins is awesome. They offer lots of seafood items (yummy chowder!!!) as well as 'regular' food like hotdogs, hamburgers, etc. The price isn't too bad either. We had our own personal tour guide so it was nice to just take our time and leave everything up to him.

Hope you enjoy your trip!!! :D

Which company did you use for your private guide? AND would you recommend him/her? AND where else did your guide take you? We're going in September and I'm trying to determine what we must see and which guide company to book.

Archived