Travel Steamers

Sydney55

I believe most lines do not allow them.

Cheers,

Cruise Lines consider these to be a potential fire hazrd and most have banned them.

The bathroom tends to really steam up when showering. I packed a couple plastic hangers and hang things up when showering. The wrinkles fall out easily. Works every time.

Does anyone have a recommendation about which travel steamers are the best? Thanks

NOT ALLOWED, period. Don't waste your money.

There are threads on here where people said they had them in their suitcases but when they were x-rayed before being onloaded, the steamers (and irons, etc.) were "caught" and the people were asked to come to the Front Office regarding their luggage.

Fire is the biggest danger on a cruise ship (or ALL)..........I just read a thread where a gal was saying how she was taking candles for the bathroom to make it romantic.............NO WAY!:eek:

The steam in the bathroom does the trick............or, there are self-service laundries on the smaller ships.

Sydney55:

I don't have a specific recommendation, but do look for one that is small, lightweight, easy to hold, and that has an auto-shutoff.

The steam in the bathroom has never worked for us. All it does is make the bathroom hot and humid (and we get all sweaty). The wrinkle release has a fragrance that makes me a tad nauseous, it leaves a residue on some items, and it doesn't work well on some fabrics. Nearly all ships have a pressing service, which some people consider reasonable and some do not.

Some cruise lines have self-serve laundries with a special (safety?) iron and ironing board. A few will allow passengers to ask for an iron and ironing board for in-cabin use for a short time.

While all or nearly all cruise lines ban travel irons (which, BTW, have wattages lower than most blowdryers as well as safety shutoffs), many do not ban travel steamers. It's important to check the regulations of your specific cruise line.

KAYEF:

I just want to point out that the thread you reference was not about how "a gal was saying how she was taking candles for the bathroom to make it romantic." She asked if candles were allowed onboard because she read that smoking is allowed (as are high powered blowdryers, curling irons, and hot curlers). She didn't know if that meant candles were allowed and wanted to know the rules. What upset me was that she was attacked by several members as stupid, an idiot, selfish, and a number of other insulting slams. IMO, it showed a digraceful lack of respect for an honest question from a new member who simply wanted information.

beachchick

Archived