Atlantis Directly or Comfort Suites

awinter

I currently have a room reserved at Comfort Suites for 6/21. The price quoted is $354 for 3 adults and 1 child. I understand that this does not includ $12.95 pp and $5 pp charges so this should equal $407. Is there anything else I'm missing?

With being able to go directly to Atlantis and get passes for $410, I'm thinking I'm just going to cancel the room then we won't have to deal with the hassle of going to CS to book and can head directly to Atlantis and get the passes.

Hmmm, actually...how much is the tax on the Atlantis day passes? Maybe I should stick with CS.

:confused:

I currently have a room reserved at Comfort Suites for 6/21. The price quoted is $354 for 3 adults and 1 child. I understand that this does not includ $12.95 pp and $5 pp charges so this should equal $407. Is there anything else I'm missing?

With being able to go directly to Atlantis and get passes for $410, I'm thinking I'm just going to cancel the room then we won't have to deal with the hassle of going to CS to book and can head directly to Atlantis and get the passes.

Hmmm, actually...how much is the tax on the Atlantis day passes? Maybe I should stick with CS.

:confused:

There's no tax on the Atlantis passes. Getting day passes shouldn't be a problem on your date. It's also the rainy season, chances are you could get rained out, and you'd still have to pay for your room at CS.

I'd play it by ear and get same day passes.

Is the end of August the rainy season too? What are the chances of getting rained out then? Thanks. (I know it's hurricane season but it would be good to hear from someone who actually knows the weather down there)

August is the 2nd wettest month in the year in the bahamas. Some days can be a quick thunderstorm, some may be stormy. It's hard to tell this early in the season.

There are times when rain is so short you barely get time to leave the beach before heading back.. some days you can see the rain in the distance but stay dry.. it's a gamble. Have a back up plan.

I've lived in Nassau for the past 11 years or so. August is hot, humid and rainy...

I can handle hot and humid. Just praying it's not raining (even though I know it's a gamble) because we are bringing someone who has never seen the ocean and probably won't for a long time- so I'm hoping they get to see how beautiful it is. Thanks for the info. What are things to do if it's raining? Do they shut down the waterparks if it's just raining.

I can handle hot and humid. Just praying it's not raining (even though I know it's a gamble) because we are bringing someone who has never seen the ocean and probably won't for a long time- so I'm hoping they get to see how beautiful it is. Thanks for the info. What are things to do if it's raining? Do they shut down the waterparks if it's just raining.

They'll shut it down for a few minutes if it's just a short downpour, but reopen quickly as soon as it's safe. Of course, if there is a storm, or rain continues, everything is shut down.

The aquarium becomes a big draw on a rainy day.

Downtown you'll find a pirates museum that may be of some interest in the rain.

Archived