Warwick Long Bay

mfboat

If we take the bus to Warwick Long Bay, how long of a walk is it to the beach from the bus stop? My parents are in their late 70's. If it's a long walk for them, would a taxi from the Dockyard be able to bring them right to the beach, saving them a walk? How much would a taxi be? We're planning on going on a Sunday, which I read costs more $.

Thanks!

If we take the bus to Warwick Long Bay, how long of a walk is it to the beach from the bus stop? My parents are in their late 70's. If it's a long walk for them, would a taxi from the Dockyard be able to bring them right to the beach, saving them a walk? How much would a taxi be? We're planning on going on a Sunday, which I read costs more $.

Thanks!

It's not a long walk at all. The Warwick Long Bay bus stop comes right after the Horseshoe Bay bus stop coming from the Dockyards. It is downhill which would require a climb back up at the end of the day although this hill is not as steep as the one at Horseshoe.

Yes, a taxi can bring them right down to the beach as there is a parking lot at the bottom of the hill. I'm no taxi rate expert since we use the bus exclusively these days but I would estimate the cost to be around $40.00 or more from the Dockyards on a Sunday. Plus tip.

Thanks so much. I think we'll take the bus to Warwick Long Bay. If my parents, cannot make the walk back to the bus stop, we will get them at taxi at the beach to go back to the dockyard.

Thanks so much. I think we'll take the bus to Warwick Long Bay. If my parents, cannot make the walk back to the bus stop, we will get them at taxi at the beach to go back to the dockyard.

Just be aware that there are very few facilities at Warwick Long Bay and there are not usually taxis waiting like there are at Horseshoe Bay. You could have a problem getting one if your parents need one to get back.

Just be aware that there are very few facilities at Warwick Long Bay and there are not usually taxis waiting like there are at Horseshoe Bay. You could have a problem getting one if your parents need one to get back.

I was thinking of trying this beach as well. Just wondering, what "very few facilities" means. Are there restrooms? Refreshments?

I was thinking of trying this beach as well. Just wondering, what "very few facilities" means. Are there restrooms? Refreshments?

No refreshments and the restrooms are glorified porta potties....no running water but they did have hand sanitizer.

This is the type of restroom found at Warwick. No, I don't know who the woman in the picture is.

41548267JoHbkb_fs.jpg.7026a1d2fab762ec4ea6bd023733d5b1.jpg

Archived