Personal Cruise Consultant

pisces0318

I don't know that there's anything specifically good or bad about using one. Ours was sooooo nice when we first considered booking and even when we finally did book. She had told us to watch the price and let her know if it dropped...well it did. She def. didn't call us, but I called her and she did change it for us but I didn't get the same enthusiasm as originally had...i was actually quite disappointed that she wasn't so friendly anymore.

we had one and he seemed INTERESTED in helping ONLY when we booked, then kinda CALLED frequently asking if we were ready to CRUISE again, got a little annoying and then when he went back on an 'offer' he promised that was the END of that...we prefer our TA who gives nothing but EXCELLENT service....only drawback is you cant speak directly with NCL about your cruise but we have had GREAT communication with our TA getting answers for us, so we will stick with our TA:)

Well I went ahead and booked through her. If I booked on my own through NCL.com I would have had to put down $750 in additional to the $250 reward certificate. The PCC said I was good with just the $250. Yay!!! I'm excited for our aft balcony next May!!!

I booked my first NCL cruise with a PCC and now call him whenever we book a cruise. It is nice to be able to call NCL direct with any questions, requests, price adjustments etc.

I asked once if he is on commission and he said no.

I booked my first NCL cruise with a PCC and now call him whenever we book a cruise. It is nice to be able to call NCL direct with any questions, requests, price adjustments etc.

I asked once if he is on commission and he said no.

Thanks for that info.I will probably switch to a TA right before final payment but I didn't want the PCC to lose any commission.I feel better about it now.

Candy

Our PCC was very friendly when we booked. He answered calls and emails at first, then one time, the emails came back undeliverable. I called and was told that he no longer works for NCL. It is almost time for our final payment. I am not sure if I should just call NCL to pay, pay online or give it to our TA. Any suggestions? Should I be nervous about not being "connected" to a specific person?

Our PCC was very friendly when we booked. He answered calls and emails at first, then one time, the emails came back undeliverable. I called and was told that he no longer works for NCL. It is almost time for our final payment. I am not sure if I should just call NCL to pay, pay online or give it to our TA. Any suggestions? Should I be nervous about not being "connected" to a specific person?

No, I wouldn't be nervous. Just pay online or call NCL, whichever you are most comfortable with. I would just pay online. I would be worried if it was a TA instead of a PCC.

OP, I booked with a PCC. He has been great so far and responds quickly. I don't worry about that so much, because I can just call NCL to do stuff if he didn't respond.

candygirl27540, Why would you want to transfer to a TA just before final payment?

Do the PCC's receive commission?

I hear no, but good ones can make over $60K a year. Now before the bashers come out and say that's not alot of money, just try to hold back on not saying ( when I was in sales I made more then that), I don't care what you made, I'm just posting what a good NCL PCC can make.

once booked, you can switch to a local agent if you haven't made a final payment.....and still keep all your obc etc. you might even get a bit more. depends if the agency is a "good agent" for the line.

We've used large on-line TA's, on-line cruise wholesalers and NCL PCC's. The PCC's win out - they are accessible and easy to work with. I'm not sure if they work on commission or not - but ours went in the office on a Saturday to book our last cruise. When was the last time you had a on-line TA take time off from family on a weekend to help you with an issue? If you have a question on a weekend, how long do you have to wait for an answer? (Plus I can ask him questions on Facebook.) If my PCC isn't in the office, he leaves a number of an associate who will help. He knows the NCL ships inside and out; generally a TA has little to no knowledge of the ships.

Since my favorite PCC is no longer with NCL I can mention her name here and not get blasted by the moderators. Stephanie Geller was the greatest NCL PCC I've ever used. She not only called me frequently to make sure I was happy with my selection of cruise, when she left NCL just prior to my sailing she had not one but TWO other PCCs call me and wish me a bon voyage from her. I loved this woman!! She was incredible and she put up a great fight for a solo cruiser on my Spring Break cruise and got me the greatest price possible for sailing solo. She was a hard worker and truly a wonderful person to talk to.

The new PCC I have is just not the same. I have already told this person to back off a bit because I'm not sailing again until January. I like using the PCC though because I can call NCL whenever I want to and have anyone help me. Before Stephanie I just called Mesa inbound and booked that way but always direct with NCL. I have given up completely on travel agents.

JM2C

~J

What is the advantage of using a PCC? I have one that reached out to me and she seems really sweet!!!!

Are there any down sides? She said she would contact me if the price drops....

If you get to know them it's enjoyable to chat with them from time to time and when you're looking for a cruise to take. They have access to all your booking information, your Lattitudes number, your contact information, etc., so when you're ready to book you can just sit there on the phone and let them do all the work.

A good one will look out for you if you have a problem and can always escalate the issue to a supervisor with decision making capabilities. Most TAs tend to be lazy or take no for an answer too easily when there is an issue. It's also much easier to get a problem solved from the inside rather than the outside. Once the PCC gets to know what you like and how often you cruise, if there is a price drop on a cruise you might be interested in or even a price drop after you've booked they can call you and let you know.

From flat out asking a couple of PCC's.

Al

And you don't think they may have policies regarding discussing their compensation program? I'm sure NCL would hate it if guests thought that their PCCs were working just for commission, and not out of the interest of good customer service.

I don't know that there's anything specifically good or bad about using one. Ours was sooooo nice when we first considered booking and even when we finally did book. She had told us to watch the price and let her know if it dropped...well it did. She def. didn't call us, but I called her and she did change it for us but I didn't get the same enthusiasm as originally had...i was actually quite disappointed that she wasn't so friendly anymore.

TA's have hundreds of reservations I don't expect them to keep an eye on every single reservation for a price drop. You only have to keep an eye on one, thats why she advised it. Bet you that 99.85% of the time booking direct with the CL they won't call you for a price drop either.

TA's have hundreds of reservations I don't expect them to keep an eye on every single reservation for a price drop. You only have to keep an eye on one, thats why she advised it. Bet you that 99.85% of the time booking direct with the CL they won't call you for a price drop either.

I never said I expected her to call me, I just mentioned that our PCC told US to call HER b/c the OP had stated that their PCC said he/she would call them...just wanted to let them know that the PCC may not call so they should check the prices and call themselves if it drops.

And regardless of who called who...our PCC did a complete 180 attitude-wise once we'd gone ahead and booked with her...wish she had at least stayed friendly but she made it seem like I was bothering her, which i didn't appreciate.

I never said I expected her to call me, I just mentioned that our PCC told US to call HER b/c the OP had stated that their PCC said he/she would call them...just wanted to let them know that the PCC may not call so they should check the prices and call themselves if it drops.

And regardless of who called who...our PCC did a complete 180 attitude-wise once we'd gone ahead and booked with her...wish she had at least stayed friendly but she made it seem like I was bothering her, which i didn't appreciate.

If you weren't happy with your PCC, you could've requested another.

I had registered at NCL's website and that triggered a call from a PCC assigned to me. Kind of caught me off guard cause i wasn't expecting it. Anyway, i told him that i was booking the cruise through a TA (deposit was being paid in a couple days) and he was still very friendly and emailed his contact information, telling me that if i needed anything, to call him.

Now my question is this.... even though i didn't book the cruise through him, should I be calling him for things like price drops, upgrades or any special requests i need for the cruise? Or should i be doing that through my TA?

I don't especially like my TA. First time i have done business with her and i really don't get the feel that she's doing anything to actually attempt to get the best deal, best options available or work with us on our special needs. More like, we tell her what we want and she goes through the motions of booking it, taking whatever she's told at face value instead of checking for possible options/OBC/upgrades etc. I've had to send her reminders on a couple occasions to find out if she's "heard back" from NCL on specific things i've requested. It's frustrating cause i feel that if i had done it all myself, i probably would have gotten results faster and a better deal.

Next cruise we'll definately go with the PCC but i'm wondering about NOW, for this cruise. Will my PCC still work with me on things even if i didn't originally book through him?

Archived