Personal Cruise Consultant

pisces0318

I had registered at NCL's website and that triggered a call from a PCC assigned to me. Kind of caught me off guard cause i wasn't expecting it. Anyway, i told him that i was booking the cruise through a TA (deposit was being paid in a couple days) and he was still very friendly and emailed his contact information, telling me that if i needed anything, to call him.

Now my question is this.... even though i didn't book the cruise through him, should I be calling him for things like price drops, upgrades or any special requests i need for the cruise? Or should i be doing that through my TA?

I don't especially like my TA. First time i have done business with her and i really don't get the feel that she's doing anything to actually attempt to get the best deal, best options available or work with us on our special needs. More like, we tell her what we want and she goes through the motions of booking it, taking whatever she's told at face value instead of checking for possible options/OBC/upgrades etc. I've had to send her reminders on a couple occasions to find out if she's "heard back" from NCL on specific things i've requested. It's frustrating cause i feel that if i had done it all myself, i probably would have gotten results faster and a better deal.

Next cruise we'll definately go with the PCC but i'm wondering about NOW, for this cruise. Will my PCC still work with me on things even if i didn't originally book through him?

Why don't you transfer your booking to the friendly PCC at NCL? Pretty common - I'm sure the PCC will be able to help you through the transfer process.

Why don't you transfer your booking to the friendly PCC at NCL? Pretty common - I'm sure the PCC will be able to help you through the transfer process.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know if that would be fair to the TA to do that. I assume though, she's already got her commission from the cruise line for the booking so it wouldn't put her out financially.. just might be a bit rude to essentially say "you suck." lololol

I'll email my PCC and ask about what would be involved in the transfer process per your suggestion. THanks.

...Anyway, i told him that i was booking the cruise through a TA (deposit was being paid in a couple days) and he was still very friendly and emailed his contact information, telling me that if i needed anything, to call him.

Now my question is this.... even though i didn't book the cruise through him, should I be calling him for things like price drops, upgrades or any special requests i need for the cruise? Or should i be doing that through my TA?

Officially an NCL rep shouldn't touch a reservation that doesn't belong to him. If he does it or not might be another story but usually when you go through a TA and call the cruise line direct they will direct you back to the TA's agency.

Archived