Liberty Science Center Newark, NJ?

We've been there on our own - not in conjunction with a cruise. Depends on your kids and whether or not these types of museums interest you. It's actually pretty interesting, but our enjoyment varies depending on what special exhibits they have and how crowded it is. Also, where are you coming from? I've found science/exploratorium type museums more enjoyable in other cities, primarily because of the crowds here. But if you hit it on a good day, it's quite enjoyable. They have a lot of hands on stuff that our kids have enjoyed to varying degrees. I know that this summer they have a magic/optical illusion exhibit which sounds like it could be fun.

P.S. It's actually in Jersey City, and depending on how into it you are could take several hours to explore, but you could actually enjoy it in less time also, depending on the pace you go at. There is an IMAX theatre there, so if you choose to see a movie, that would also add time to your day. They do have a website (lsc.org, I believe)

Archived