Gym on the Jewel

Equipment is Lifefitness

Treadmills, Elipticals, Bikes, Rowing machines and various weight machines (probably around 15-20) I felt that the gym was very clean. They ask the passengers to wipe down the equipment when they are done with spray. Towels available.

i think it was 6am-11pm. not 100% positive though. there were a few machines that they section off that you can't use before a certain hour with a sign that it may wake the people in the below cabins.

went on a sea day in the middle of the afternoon, and there were more people in there than i would expect, but much less than early in the morning that i saw on another sea day.

i am sure they are even less crowded during port hours.

We were on the Jewel on the fall repo (NYC to Miami), from what I recall they have a good amount of cardio equipment-treads, elips and bikes.

For weights, their free weights go up to 75 lbs. I think it was 75 lbs. They have a few stack resistance isolation machines, one machine per body part.

I thought that the gym was nice for a fitness center. My only complaint is/was that some of the guests didn't respect my space when I was in the free weight area doing drop sets and walking the rack down by 30%. Not that the 75lbs to 70lbs to 65lbs to 60lbs to 55lbs drop set move was overly heavy or taxing, but in the swaying sea if the weight'd've gotten out of shape and had to let go of the weight(s), I wasn't going to blow a shoulder out to protect their dumb selves. Just a note, if you see someone in the free weight area and they're using larger weights, give them space as that space is better than busted toes!

Derek

Archived