$160 OBC Promotion & Early Saver?????

spjcruisin

What category are you in? I just looked at 8A balconies for your cruise. It's $719 per person for the promo and you get $160 cash back per stateroom. So it would end up at $639 per person (it's on board credit, does not go towards the cruise fare, but making it simple here). The current Early Saver rate is $579 per person. You're better off keeping your ES rate. The rates can not be combined. Even past guest rate is cheaper than the promo and it includes free upgrades..

Not sure if you are already booked but I booked early saver and called about the $160 OBC. I was told that this promotion was only for new bookings and that I couldn't cancel and rebook the same cruise. The ES rate I booked is cheaper than the current ES rate, so I wouldn't really be getting the full $160 in OBC if I were to book at the current ES rate.:(

Not sure if you are already booked but I booked early saver and called about the $160 OBC. I was told that this promotion was only for new bookings and that I couldn't cancel and rebook the same cruise. The ES rate I booked is cheaper than the current ES rate, so I wouldn't really be getting the full $160 in OBC if I were to book at the current ES rate.:(

The $160 OBC promo and ES are two different rates. They can not be combined. You would have to cancel your ES booking, in which case you would lose your deposit, and rebook the promo rate. Obviously not something that is in your best interest.

And what you were told about it being for new bookings is incorrect as well. If you booked Fun Select rate, and you are not within the final payment date, you can cancel without penalty and rebook to take advantage of the $160 promo.

Yes, another early saver question!

Has anyone talked to their PVP about this promo? :confused:

The shipboard credit promotion is only good with Fun Saver rates. It is not good with other rates such as Early Saver or Past Guest rates. It is also only for new bookings made before the end of the month.

I called and I was told even though I am booked ES I could get the difference between the price and the OBC.

Problem was that the fare special pp was $80 more pp then what we paid. I would just break even at that point. No sense...

She said had the OBC promotion been say $360 (just throwing a number out there like she did), I could have paid the $160 extra and received the OBC of $360 thus being in the green by $200. So from what this rep told me, yes you can use it against an existing booking.

Archived