carnival destiny wedding location onboard

Hello, I'm getting married on the carnival destiny Jan. 21 2011 and was wondering if anyone has been married on this ship as well. If so, which location on the ship did you get married at? Carnival told me that there are three locations they have and they are the criterion lounge, a conference room, and the palladium which is the main lounge. I would love to see pic's of these locations if anyone else has been married in any of them. I'm thinking I like the palladium the most. Also, can you request to have a certain location for your ceremony? Thanx!

I was married on the Glory, so I can't give you any feedback on those rooms. When I asked about the various rooms on the Glory, my coordinator sent me pictures of the rooms and their set-up for the ceremony. I put in my request for the room I preferred, which I did not get because of the size of my group. So, you can make the request, but you are not guaranteed to get that room. It really depends on how many weddings there are that day and the size of the groups.

Good luck, I really hope you get the room you want. In any case, I'm sure it will be a great day!

Woohoo, another Destiny bride! As far as I know, TWE doesn't really honor requests for certain rooms and I think a lot depends on how large your group is and how many other weddings are that day. I'm getting married on the Destiny on June 28, 2010 and just got my final call, the ceremony is in the Criterion Lounge, the reception is in the Downbeat Lounge. We have a total of 48 ppl coming (36 cruisers) so I dont know if the number of ppl helped determine where they put us. Also, I did not get the DJ so I know that's why we're not in the disco (another wedding is).

Here's a link to a great review from last summer, she has a lot of pictures too!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1047044&highlight=destiny

Haha well I was going to respond but I'm glad people remember my review post so I don't have to go through the whole story again but if you have any more specific questions don't hesitate to ask, I don't go on as often as I used to but I check in every couple of weeks sometimes more often. How many guests are you expecting?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey..Can you let me know what u thought about the whole process?? I am getting married aboard the Destiny March 3rd, 2011. I requested the piano player so we will not be in the disco. I am also afraid that much of our reception time will be taken up by pictures(which i do not want to happen). We were also not planning on doing a first dance or anything that goes along with the "normal" wedding reception. Any feedback or advice you can give is appreciated. Thanks

P.S. Is/Has anyone had their dress shipped down to Miami instead of carrying it??

Rusty 13,

We just retured from my Son's wedding aboard the Destiny. We had the reception in the piano lounge with the piano player. My daughter-in-law didn't want the first dance thing either. It was great. It is the only lounge on that ship that doesn't look like a vegas night club. It was very nice and the bride and groom didn't have to leave until it was over. They had some really good pictures and they did spend a long time after the reception taking pictures. They said it was really hot. We were going to ship the dress and ended up packing it in a suitcase. We got our flowers here in town they were silk and she was able to pick out the ones she wanted and the colors exact. It was a bit of a pain bringing them and getting them home. They had a suitcase all to themselves. Everything went really good. They were married in the conference room and we really liked it. It wasn't flashy either. It only holds about 25.

was also curious if people got their own floors through someone else?

Look at angelsaccents.com she has a lot of flower designs on her website and has a quote form you can fill out! That's who I'm using for my cruise wedding next year!:)

VacationsRme,

Thanks for the info. It makes me feel alot more comfortable that I can get info from someone that has already been there. How many people was the piano lounge able to fit? We are gonna have maybe 50? Thanks

Hey..Can you let me know what u thought about the whole process?? I am getting married aboard the Destiny March 3rd, 2011. I requested the piano player so we will not be in the disco. I am also afraid that much of our reception time will be taken up by pictures(which i do not want to happen). We were also not planning on doing a first dance or anything that goes along with the "normal" wedding reception. Any feedback or advice you can give is appreciated. Thanks

P.S. Is/Has anyone had their dress shipped down to Miami instead of carrying it??

From the reviews I've read, most of the pictures are taken after the reception, although some photographers will try to take you out of the reception for them. Just tell the photographer no, and they'll take them after. That's what I plan on doing. My fiance's parents and brothers aren't sailing with us, and his brothers are groomsmen, so I know the bridal party pics will be taken during the reception, but the pictures of just my fiance and I will wait until after.

I just got married on the Destiny and I shipped my dress out about a week before the wedding. I was nervous about packing it and have a friend in Ft. Lauderdale who picked it up at a UPS store I picked that was right around the corner from her house. I overnighted my dress and it cost me around $120. It was pricey but since I got such a good deal on my dress I figured it was worth it for my own sanity! I just posted a review, we got married on 6/28/10 in the Criterion Lounge and had the reception in the Downbeat Lounge. The Piano Bar looked really nice!

• 4 weeks later...

I was also recently married aboard the Carnival Destiny on July 26, 2010. I got my call for the finalization about 1-2 weeks before we set sail. In addition to our room being ready, I was able to request another room for my guys to get dressed. We also requested for videography services and to be able to provide our own music. Although they say everyone should come dressed..All my guest were dressed, but my bridal party did not get dressed until we board the ship. Just make sure you get there on time.

I was planning on having a greet and meet, but my husband surprised me with and enagement party the friday before we left, so my whole weekend I was on cloud nine.

We left home(St. Louis) Sunday morning, flew Southwest Airlines to Ft. Lauderdale and drove to Miami. My dress was a carry-on. We stayed in the Sofitel Miami which was really nice.

It started out very stressful, but the ceremony and reception were so beautiful. I had a total of 42 guest who were all sailing. We were married in the Criterion Lounge and the reception was in the DownBeat Lounge.

We had rental cars...so we all thought that checking out at 7:30am to start the process of getting everyone to the port would be enough time. Boy were we wrong. It was so much traffic! I totally freaked out. We got there at about 10:30 on the dot but still had a few people hung up at the rental car places trying to return the cars(I later learned) who barely made it to the wedding.

Once we went thru security screening, I was met by the wedding coordinator who was EXTRA nice. She must have notice the panic and worry on my face....lol She walked us over to the custom people to get our birth certificates checked and we had a designated "briefing" room for all of our guest. We also met the officiant who was also nice which made my stress level decrease even more. Once most of us were gathered, they went over how the day would go. My father passed away last yr. so my mom was walking me down the aisle. I had a ring bearer, 3 groomsmen, 3 bridesmaid, 2 flower girls, & my daughter was a Jr. Bride.

So the guest were all sailing so they were able to roam the ship until the ceremony. The ladies got dressed in one room and guys in another. I had 3 little girls I had to make sure stayed clean. My sister went to the lido deck and got us all a bite to eat, then we got the girls dressed, made them sit down, and then got dressed ourselves. In the mean time, both the photographer and the videographer had called the room for pictures and a "pre-wedding" interview. Well the pre-interview did not happen until after the reception(lol), but I did get a few pics before the wedding coordinator came to walk us down to the ceremony. We also did not have time for a rehersal, but it was all self-explanatory so no worries....lol.

The ceremony was lovely & straight to the point. We took a few pictures and then were introduced at the reception & went straight into our first dance. After our dance, they had us do the toast & cake cutting to get all those events and photo ops out the way so we could enjoy our guest and the reception. The photographer & videographer were both so nice and very professional. They pulled us aside at the end of the reception to take a few pictures around the ship and then the interview we missed before.

The wedding cake was sooooo good. The food was excellent. This was our first cruise, so I have nothing to compare it to, but my wedding and reception turned out better than I had imagined. I was worried about trusting other people to do it the way I wanted, and then reading some of the blogs they have on-line did not ease my worry. But I worried for nothing because everything turned out great!

I got my photos (which are expensive) & DVD of the wedding and ceremony before we got off the ship....Both were really nice.

I hope this helps....:-) Good luck to you.

Here's a link with some of the photos....

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1903190027/a=3496401027_3496401027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Please also excuse the misspelled words in my previous post....:-)

Thank you for sharing your pictures. Your dress was beautiful and the girls was just precious. I really appreciated the remembrance in memory photo. Beautiful wedding. Wish you much love and happiness in your wedding, may God bless the two of you.

I was also recently married aboard the Carnival Destiny on July 26, 2010. I got my call for the finalization about 1-2 weeks before we set sail. In addition to our room being ready, I was able to request another room for my guys to get dressed. We also requested for videography services and to be able to provide our own music. Although they say everyone should come dressed..All my guest were dressed, but my bridal party did not get dressed until we board the ship. Just make sure you get there on time.

Thank you for such a wonderful review! You looked beautiful! I loved your dress. I am on Destiny in 10 days for my wedding:)

Archived