Odyssey or Spirit

aga

I have been looking at cruises for October / November time this year . In fact I had almost booked one in the Caribbean when the Seabourn offer caught my eye . The two I am considering both leave from the Mediterranean on October 30th , one is on the Spirit and the other the Odyssey.

Having never travelled with this company before I would appreciate some advice on which to chose . The smaller Spirit appeals to me , whereas my other half likes the look of the newer larger Odyssey . We have no preference over the itineraries at all .

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Aga, go with Spirit. From what I understand Odyssey is still having service issues and on/off vibration problems. Service will probably not improve as some of the staff were taken off to serve on the new Sojourn.

While we throughly enjoy the small ships, having a real veranda is very important to us. I wouldn't worry about any service issues, they will get fixed.

We enjoy sitting outside in the peace and comfort of our stateroom. This of course is especially true when cruising through the warm water areas or possibly cuddled under a blanket. We love that feature of the Odyssey and have plans to be on the Sojourn next year.

Thank you both for that .

I am leaning towards the Spirit I think , although the TA has been on the Odyssey and loved it.

I had been hoping to have a balcony myself , but he who pays the bills is a true mean Scot :o(who is far too preoccupied thinking about how much his two children are costing him at uni!!!!) and the difference between the A1 and the Juliette is £1000 for the week.....and its not even a balcony I am told , but you can open the windows for some fresh air :rolleyes: Is the A1 alright or should I really be thinking of another room for our first time do you think ?

Having thos balcony windows slide open are a deam.The push out doors on the odessey were a bit of a nuisance IMO.Nice to have a balcont ,but we rarely used it.Both ships have plussesand minuses,but whatever you chose you will love the intimacy of size.Enjoy!:)

I personally prefer the lower level, midship. There is far less movement and yes the windows open. We will be on the Spirit in October. The service is superb.

Susan,

What category suite are you referring to? Lower level midship suites are in the "A" category., and the windows do not open.

Host Dan

Well I have finally settled on the Odyssey on November 6th after much debate with my beloved , I won :p. The itinerary looks lovely and I am looking forward to it immensely .

So I am off to cook him his favourite meal tonight , pour him a nice wee dram and give him the good news .;)

Thanks for all your input...

Congratulations. Now be sure to understand which categories on the Odyssey have partially obstructed balconies. Matters to some and not others, but it's best to have no surprises. Also, be sure your suite is not under the pool deck/bandstand/lounge chairs.

Archived