Official CC group Cruise Carnival Pride "Bermuda Bound Pirates" - September 18, 2011

Crazeecat5

Seems like that is a little silly...

So unless you are serious, I would think this line of questions is unnecessary.

well, it wasn't my question. ava girl will have to answer that. i was just looking for clarification from the OP.

\

This group leader has to wait and see what happens and what is offered to her.

Are you interested in joining us? Should I add your name to the list?

The prices above are Carnival's prices, listed on their site. The group prices have not been posted yet. Please check back......

Here is my take on this: The group leader has gone to great lengths and already done quite a bit in getting all of us interested and engaged in this group cruise. I have no doubt that this level of enthusiasm will carry through to the cruise itself, with meet / greet and activities.

I am honestly getting lost in the terminology, but a free berth is a bed? No matter really if you look at the numbers it doesn't make a huge difference in each persons end price.

In my opinion the group leader has already earned their "keep" and all we can do from here is offer assistance if needed, and praise them on a job well done.

-Ward

Here is my take on this: The group leader has gone to great lengths and already done quite a bit in getting all of us interested and engaged in this group cruise. I have no doubt that this level of enthusiasm will carry through to the cruise itself, with meet / greet and activities.

I am honestly getting lost in the terminology, but a free berth is a bed? No matter really if you look at the numbers it doesn't make a huge difference in each persons end price.

In my opinion the group leader has already earned their "keep" and all we can do from here is offer assistance if needed, and praise them on a job well done.

-Ward

Well stated.

-Ward

Ward,

You couldn't have said it any better. Hope to see you again with this group.

Mary

Hi everybody,

I just came across this and I have a couple of questions. Does Carnival give a discount if we book as a group? Are there any solo travelers in the group? If I go I may have to go alone, wouldn't want to be the only one unattached! :)

Sharon

\

This group leader has to wait and see what happens and what is offered to her.

Are you interested in joining us? Should I add your name to the list?

The prices above are Carnival's prices, listed on their site. The group prices have not been posted yet. Please check back......

As a former CC Group leader with great folks that joined, there are always others who go after the Free Birth perk for the group leader, some with unnecessary rudeness.

Sheila,

Don't worry about these people and you deserve them and more!

Unless there are tons of members, where you can do a reduced price cocktail party, there are soooo many little headaches that some think twice about hosting again.

But you'll be the best supporting member in other CC Groups because you've been there.:)

Anyway, Im still trying to understand if those of us have already booked early saver, can re-book under the CC Group, without the $50pp fee.

If it doesn't work out that I can convert, without great $$$ loss, are you opening group events to ather CC roll-callers?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi everybody,

I just came across this and I have a couple of questions. Does Carnival give a discount if we book as a group? Are there any solo travelers in the group? If I go I may have to go alone, wouldn't want to be the only one unattached! :)

Sharon

Solo traveler here. Been on two previous solo as well. Always had a great time. Met great people!

Being active on the forums gives you a few people you already know before you even set foot on the ship.

So come on along!

-Ward

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've never been a group leader but I was just trying to get 5 couples to agree on which cruise to take to Bermuda and they were driving me NUTS. I was so glad to find this post so I can let CrazeeCat5 deal with all of that. He deserves whatever perks he gets.

With both of my other cruises I have gone right through a PVP at Carnival. I understand that with this cruise I will be using a CC TA, right? Then I understand that I will make a small deposit when I call the TA then have a date when I make the final deposit, am I good so far? Here's the main question, I've always paid my cruises off a bit at a time and I've gone through the Carnival Web site. Who will be taking my payments with this cruise, the TA or Carnival? Then when it comes time where will I get my travel docs from, i.e. luggage tags, funpass?

Thanks in advance

With both of my other cruises I have gone right through a PVP at Carnival. I understand that with this cruise I will be using a CC TA, right? Then I understand that I will make a small deposit when I call the TA then have a date when I make the final deposit, am I good so far? Here's the main question, I've always paid my cruises off a bit at a time and I've gone through the Carnival Web site. Who will be taking my payments with this cruise, the TA or Carnival? Then when it comes time where will I get my travel docs from, i.e. luggage tags, funpass?

Thanks in advance

I think I can answer most of your questions....

I understand that with this cruise I will be using a CC TA, right?

Right!

Then I understand that I will make a small deposit when I call the TA then have a date when I make the final deposit, am I good so far?

Yes you are! Well there are three payment times Initial small deposit (usually $25) full deposit (due x months before the sailing - usually $250)

The the remaining balance is due a number of months after that for an example you can look at other group cruises and there payment schedules.

I've always paid my cruises off a bit at a time and I've gone through the Carnival Web site. Who will be taking my payments with this cruise, the TA or Carnival?

You pay the TA

Then when it comes time where will I get my travel docs from, i.e. luggage tags, funpass?

All edocs, fun pass, tags, etc are still done thru the carnival website as before.

Is that as clear as mud?

I'm sorry I'm not home to answer everything. I should be ther in an hour'. Will post then. Btw I think you guys are terrifioc. Thanks toyou all.

Well in between work here I tried to wear the answer hat and answer some questions.

You can have the hat back! :D

Solo traveler here. Been on two previous solo as well. Always had a great time. Met great people!

Being active on the forums gives you a few people you already know before you even set foot on the ship.

So come on along!

Thanks! Always been kind of nervous about cruising solo, but this is very tempting.

Sharon

Thanks! Always been kind of nervous about cruising solo, but this is very tempting.

Sharon

We've met some wonderful solo cruisers on our cruises and they seem to have a great time. Never been in an official CC group before but I was with a very large group that met on the rollcall board and the cruiseline had a party for us and everything. This group is so large that you will just mix in with all the rest of us.

I love updating this list!!

1. Crazeecat5 (me)

2. dataz722

3. cyntil8ing

4. cruisefromNY

5. golfadj

6. patrice1

7. wakewatcher

8. beachgalMa

9. ava_girl_123 + 3

10. sanshelb

11. Tiffany1203

12. TheGrumpus

13. Marinegal

14. DebNY13

15. n2knight

16. Firetrk

17. Ren4l

18. bearnuts

19. Dawn125408

20. Hurrcane201 (Barb and Bob)

21. Martinchem

22. fchoppa

23. fletchers5

24. trptplayer22

25. princessofthesea

26. manmtnmike

27. catty

28. crusinCyndi

29. lexusangel

30. shellann

31. saw1953 + 4 cabins

32. Koval (I couldn't resist...)

33. Cruise Elf

34. STH4157

Here is the most recent voting list. If you haven't voted already, please vote by 6:00 PM EST today. We really need to have our name in place on Friday by 6:00 PM EST. Top 2 vote getters will be voted upon again starting at 6:01 PM EST tonight! :D

Pride Paradise Pirates

Pirates of Pride and Paradise

Paradise Pirates of the Pride

Bermuda Bound Pirates of the Pride XXXX

The Bermuda Pride Pirates

Bermuda bound Pride Pirates XXX

Pirates of the Pride X

Pride Bermuda Bumpers

Bermuda-Bound Buccaneers XXXXXX

Proud Priders

The Pride Bumpers

The Bumping Pride Pirates

The Bermuda Bound Bumpity Bump Bumpers

Bumpin it to Bermuda Pride Pirates

Ok, Hi all,

I'm home and all of our group business(interest list & name list) has been updated.

Now, on to the rest.....

I am sooo sorry that some information regarding the group leader perks got so out of hand here today. Although it's not usually asked, Ava girl had a valid question and asked it in a very nice and innocent way. My answer to her may have been vague, but that's because I'm REALLY not sure how it is going to work. Unfortunately, someone else came on and decided to stir up the pot a bit. Never saw that person's name before and it's not on our list of interested people.

So, there I am, in my car with my hubby and I decided to check CC on my Blackberry. Wow.....I was so pleased to see all of the people in this group that came to my defense. Let's hope the troll has been banished! I think we really have a great bunch of cruisers here and I will try my best to be a good group leader.

No more of that stuff now....

I heard from the TA on my cell phone while I was in an area that had no service....naturally!!:cool:

I called her back, now that I am home, about 1/2 hour ago. Hopefully, she will call me back today and I will get booked. If all goes well, I should think you will know the prices and info. by Friday.......Hold on just a little longer!

I love updating this list!!

1. Crazeecat5 (me)

2. dataz722

3. cyntil8ing

4. cruisefromNY

5. golfadj

6. patrice1

7. wakewatcher

8. beachgalMa

9. ava_girl_123 + 3

10. sanshelb

11. Tiffany1203

12. TheGrumpus

13. Marinegal

14. DebNY13

15. n2knight

16. Firetrk

17. Ren4l

18. bearnuts

19. Dawn125408

20. Hurrcane201 (Barb and Bob)

21. Martinchem

22. fchoppa

23. fletchers5

24. trptplayer22

25. princessofthesea

26. manmtnmike

27. catty

28. crusinCyndi

29. lexusangel

30. shellann

31. saw1953 + 4 cabins

32. Koval (I couldn't resist...)

33. Cruise Elf

34. STH4157

please add us (2) to the list (is the date locked? my vote is for oct.)

Archived