What to do if someone is Lactose Intollerant?

AJI2596

My 16 month old cannot drink reg milk? What happens? Do I have to bring my own on board?

TIA!!

On the Carnival Website, they have a link for Special Needs. I think it is in the FAQ section. You can contact them about your situation.

Soy milk will work!! Thank you so much for your help:)

I would not totally trust/rely on that site and would still recommend that you contact Carnival's special needs department just to be sure. Bring some of your own anyway just to be sure.

My 5yo is allergic to dairy (not lactose intolerant, but allergic to milk protiens and therefore anything containing casein, whey, etc.) and we have had no trouble on Carnival ships. Contact the Special Needs department as noted, they will help you. Also, your first night at dinner let your server know you would like to speak to the person in charge of food allergies (in our experience the Asst. Maitre'd); they often have additional suggestions or help for you.

Each night at dinner they would bring the menu for the next night's meal to the table and I would pick out what my daughter would be eating. Our server also arranged to have jello available for her each night for dessert so she never had to miss out on a treat.

My 5yo is allergic to dairy (not lactose intolerant, but allergic to milk protiens and therefore anything containing casein, whey, etc.) and we have had no trouble on Carnival ships. Contact the Special Needs department as noted, they will help you. Also, your first night at dinner let your server know you would like to speak to the person in charge of food allergies (in our experience the Asst. Maitre'd); they often have additional suggestions or help for you.

Each night at dinner they would bring the menu for the next night's meal to the table and I would pick out what my daughter would be eating. Our server also arranged to have jello available for her each night for dessert so she never had to miss out on a treat.

I am so happy to hear that. My grandson was born with this and has been Blessed to have outgrown it (some do). But it was very difficult in finding products without a milk protein product in them. Most people have NO IDEA that even crackers, cookies, cake, bread, etc contains it.

Archived