Does Carnival pat you down?

jjj

Confused:confused::confused::confused:

Maybe a little explanation is in order. the FBI. TSA, & Maritime Security has had over a month to close the gap.

All that is needed is one set of scales at all security check points to prevent BOMBS from being taken aboard......

The story begins in Port Everglades in September 2007. After zipping thought security while boarding the Liberty it dawned on me during the cruise there was a huge flaw in their screening procedures. While disembarking I attempted to tell an uniformed guard of my findings. I was told "Move On--No Stopping".... I figured I had done my Patriotic duty and tried to help. At the Ft. Lauderdale Airport, I personally was hand searched, taken into a sealed room and hands, arms, bare feet all swabbed with a special cloth the potential bomb was NEVER TOUCHED OR SCANNED ~~!!~~.

Following year in NOLA while boarding the Fantasy, I asked the security guard at the scanner if he was going to weigh my Steel Oxygen Bottles?? He Laughed as if I was Joking~~!!~~ Now I ask you... 4 steel bottles 4" in diameter, over 2 feet tall would cause quite a BANG..... now if 5 bad guy each had 4 steel bottles..... Just saying I don't think I would want to be on that ship.

Dont forget you also said:

Even if you weren't trying to smuggle something on board, you felt like a criminal.:eek:

Rigorus searches coupled with it "making you feel like a criminal' kind of seems it is stepped up a knotch from doign a lot of searches...

Yeah we were two women in our late 50's smuggling tee shirts for our grandkids aboard. My ONLY point was that in our history of cruises THAT PARTICULAR TIME which was our final port was so much MORE of a checkpoint than either of us have ever seen. I have NO issue with port security, TSA or anyone else who keeps us safe.

Merillino? Conti? Street? ;)

Seriously though, it's a fine line between not enough security and too much. Folks are tending to err on the side of too much in the name of caution.

You're very close just a little off on the spelling. In no way were we disrespected or threatened, just a little surprised. It's fine to err on the side of caution if it prevents an incident.

Gee those wine rack smugglers take the thrill away in 2 arenas..not a real (copped feel) and if the hands free beverage option is worn to the "topless area" well all bets are off then...booze covering the boobs...

It must be the end of a crazy week...these types of jokes are not my best ...

Happy Travels...

I have steel plate and screws in my head ( no wisecracks ) and steel in my foot but have never had any of the detectors go off the only time it was noticed when getting mri. I think it would simplfy things if they just had everone go thru nekid lol but the smuggling still does go on had friends that would dump water out of bottles then fill them up and glue the little seals back on. Glad i dont drink. :)

I have some steel clips frm a surgery as well..nothing like yours..but over the years sure has affected me with scar tissue etc..glad I don't drink heavily either..just do not enjoy a drink that often any more..once and a while yes..but i'd rather my calories go to food..smiles..take care with the metal and those darn tests...and happy Halloween cruise;

beetle 9. My sis has an old bug.

Hey we sure have the real beetle problem in the forests here in MT..there will be one he__ of a fire here again one day due to it..sjn911.

I have steel plate and screws in my head ( no wisecracks ) and steel in my foot but have never had any of the detectors go off the only time it was noticed when getting mri. I think it would simplfy things if they just had everone go thru nekid lol but the smuggling still does go on had friends that would dump water out of bottles then fill them up and glue the little seals back on. Glad i dont drink. :)

I'm think nekid MAY be the only solution........

Just when TSA & cruise security had the PERFECT dress for scanning, Christmas 2009 sent them back to the drawing boards ~~!!~~

security.jpg

Just when TSA & cruise security had the PERFECT dress for scanning, Christmas 2009 sent them back to the drawing boards ~~!!~~

security.jpg

Love those black socks. Even Ralph Lauren would approve.

Yeah we were two women in our late 50's smuggling tee shirts for our grandkids aboard. My ONLY point was that in our history of cruises THAT PARTICULAR TIME which was our final port was so much MORE of a checkpoint than either of us have ever seen. I have NO issue with port security, TSA or anyone else who keeps us safe.

Did I know any of this before hand? Nope I can only go on your initial post.

Then to add the "criminal" part makes it seem they were over aggressive which in turn I gave you advice in how to handle that if they were.

Its all about the delivery. I can only go by what you type and the expressions you present.

Never been patted down but if they do can it be by a couple of those long legged Carnival dancers:p

I've got a bit of steel in my chest (Vietnam vet) and I certainly wouldn't mind getting "patted down" by the female Carnival dancers! :D (The lovely Mrs. Jones might have something to say about that though.) :eek:

"SKY"

My father had a knee replacement a while back, and since then he's been patted down at every port we've embarked -- NYC, Miami, Tampa, Jax. He's always disappointed that no one offers to buy him dinner after the pat down.

Our friend and his wife both had knee replacements. She was in a wheelchair for another medical issue and I don't remember her setting off the wand and he didn't either when he walked through. Weird. Yet they gave him a hard time about carrying a 7/16 wrench to adjust her wheel chair:confused:

Both men (my DH included) would have enjoyed the pat down. After bloody marys on the way to the pier they would have thought it was an extra OBC

Hubby has a steel plate in his face and as you said he has never set off machines yet they were very careful with him during an mri of his carotid (hope I spelled right) artery.

Did I know any of this before hand? Nope I can only go on your initial post.

Then to add the "criminal" part makes it seem they were over aggressive which in turn I gave you advice in how to handle that if they were.

Its all about the delivery. I can only go by what you type and the expressions you present.

Of course you had no way of knowing my actual meaning, but after 7 years of posting on CC this is the first time I have been taken quite so literally. Guess I'll have to watch what I say in the future. :o

Of course you had no way of knowing my actual meaning, but after 7 years of posting on CC this is the first time I have been taken quite so literally. Guess I'll have to watch what I say in the future. :o

Nope cause now I know. :D

I set off the metal detector & got a quick pat-down returning to the ship in Grand Cayman. Oddly enough, it turned out to be a small package of Granola Breakfast Bites in my pocket which caused the problem. (Lots of iron in it???:D) I did get my snack back after it was sent through the x-ray machine.

security.jpg

great pic to funny:)

Archived