Now what?

So the cruise & wedding package are booked, what happens now? How does the planning process work with the Carnival wedding dept? Does anyone know of anywhere to get my hair done in Miami? Any recommendations for transportation to the port? We only have like 14 people to transport. Any suggestions for places to get silk bouquets? Any info. would be great!:)

Hi! My wedding is 4/9/11 on the Liberty. I'm using Beauty by Noel for my hair. We're flying down a day early and he is coming to our hotel in the morning. We don't have our hotel booked, but we just said we'll tell him when we find out, and he still said it's fine and we're booked with him. He does hair, traditional makeup, and air brush makeup. I'm probably doing airbrush because it lasts way longer.

Here's his site: http://www.beautybynoel.com/

I haven't figured out transportation yet, but a lot of hotels have shuttles. Are you coming a day early and staying in a hotel?

Pretty soon they'll email you a tonnnnn of information. (cake, menu, photo prices, contract you have to send back, dj/band preferences, tuxedo rentals, ect.) If you want, I can send you any of them if you're impatient! (I know I was!) Are you doing the luncheon or the regular wedding? I didn't do the luncheon, so I don't have that menu, but I have the other one for the Liberty.

They provide a bouquet to you, I believe this is the standard bouquet: ( DSC_9019) It's white roses. (Sorry if that is anyone's picture! I take tons of pictures I find in this site and bookmark them!) If you want to order your own, I'd recomment etsy.com or wedideas.com. Also, Carnival has a florist that will make them for you down there if you tell her what you want! The coordinator sent me dozens of sample pictures I could pick from, or I could describe my own and the florist would give me an estimate. (I can send you those pictures too if you prefer to go through them) I think it was The Wedding Experience, not Carnival, but I can't remember. (You'll be working with both Carnival and The Wedding Experience)

Hi! My wedding is 4/9/11 on the Liberty. I'm using Beauty by Noel for my hair. We're flying down a day early and he is coming to our hotel in the morning. We don't have our hotel booked, but we just said we'll tell him when we find out, and he still said it's fine and we're booked with him. He does hair, traditional makeup, and air brush makeup. I'm probably doing airbrush because it lasts way longer.

I haven't figured out transportation yet, but a lot of hotels have shuttles. Are you coming a day early and staying in a hotel?

Pretty soon they'll email you a tonnnnn of information. (cake, menu, photo prices, contract you have to send back, dj/band preferences, tuxedo rentals, ect.) If you want, I can send you any of them if you're impatient! (I know I was!) Are you doing the luncheon or the regular wedding? I didn't do the luncheon, so I don't have that menu, but I have the other one for the Liberty.

They provide a bouquet to you, I believe this is the standard bouquet: (http://www.flickr.com/photos/allison_beck/2136813913/in/set-72157603548705703/) It's white roses. (Sorry if that is anyone's picture! I take tons of pictures I find in this site and bookmark them!) If you want to order your own, I'd recomment etsy.com or wedideas.com. Also, Carnival has a florist that will make them for you down there if you tell her what you want! The coordinator sent me dozens of sample pictures I could pick from, or I could describe my own and the florist would give me an estimate. (I can send you those pictures too if you prefer to go through them) I think it was The Wedding Experience, not Carnival, but I can't remember. (You'll be working with both Carnival and The Wedding Experience)

Thanks for the info.! I can (hopefully) wait for the info. from Carnival. I'm awfully antsy though! I'm doing the Deluxe package with the 1.5 hr reception. I think I'm just going with silk flowers than paying a lot extra for a bouquet that will just die & I can't take the silk off the ship. I didn't find anything on Etsy that I liked. Did you get a silk bouquet?

Yeah, we have the same thing so I have the menu for it if you want! It's all small appetizers, but I figure we'll go to the dinner after.

Etsy has over 252 pages of bouquets: http://www.etsy.com/category/weddings/bouquet

I haven't bought mine yet. I still have a long time. I've definitely been looking though. What are you looking for?

I have bookmarked a ton and I'm still deciding though! Here's some I am deciding between..

http://www.etsy.com/listing/43897669/hot-pink-fuchsia-black-and-white-damask?ref=cat2_list_1

http://www.etsy.com/listing/48490456/beach-weddings-coral-melon-teal-bouquet

http://www.etsy.com/listing/44844364/pink-stargazer-lilies-and-hot-pink-rose?ref=sr_list_25&ga_search_query=pink&ga_search_type=category&category=weddings.bouquet&ga_page=14&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

http://www.etsy.com/listing/35583298/cream-white-roses-wrapped-in-black-and

http://www.etsy.com/listing/38935079/hot-pink-roses-wrapped-in-white-satin?ref=sr_list_4&ga_search_query=pink&ga_search_type=category&category=weddings.bouquet&ga_page=13&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

And I have a ton more bookmarked but I'll spare you! Haha.

But I believe Carnival flower upgrades are silk too, I don't think they can have real flowers on board. I could be wrong.

Once you pick out your cake and entertainment, there isn't much to do through Carnival until it's time to talk to The Wedding Experience (which isn't until you're very close to your wedding date...I'm 2 months away and haven't talked to A Wedding For You yet--they use them instead of TWE out of NYC). You just contact your wedding coordinator if you have any questions or concerns. You won't find out the time or location of your wedding until 2 weeks before the wedding.

I ordered my silk bouquets from e-bay seller, yesss-i-do-weddings. They came out great!

But I believe Carnival flower upgrades are silk too, I don't think they can have real flowers on board. I could be wrong.

Flowers provided by Carnival are real...even the pricey upgrades.

I went with Angels Accents. The quality was great! We were even stopped by a customs agent an asked for his supervisor to inspect the bouquet because he thought it was real. The aren't "cheap" but for the quality...I think it was fair priced.

• 2 weeks later...

They provide a bouquet to you, I believe this is the standard bouquet: ( DSC_9019) It's white roses. (Sorry if that is anyone's picture! I take tons of pictures I find in this site and bookmark them!) If you want to order your own, I'd recomment etsy.com or wedideas.com. Also, Carnival has a florist that will make them for you down there if you tell her what you want! The coordinator sent me dozens of sample pictures I could pick from, or I could describe my own and the florist would give me an estimate. (I can send you those pictures too if you prefer to go through them) I think it was The Wedding Experience, not Carnival, but I can't remember. (You'll be working with both Carnival and The Wedding Experience)

tonijmcann, do you think you could email those menu's, etc. to me at blair_dulli@yahoo.com? fiance and i would like some idea of our options before we make a full commitment. thanks :-):)

Flowers provided by Carnival are real...even the pricey upgrades.

I went with Angels Accents. The quality was great! We were even stopped by a customs agent an asked for his supervisor to inspect the bouquet because he thought it was real. The aren't "cheap" but for the quality...I think it was fair priced.

Where can I find out more about Angels Accents?

Thanks!

I took a cruise this past May and used Florida Trans Tours for our transportation, they picked us up from the airport, took us to the hotel and then to the port the next day. We didn't have any problems with their services. Here's their link: http://www.floridatranstours.com/

Also, just an FYI I stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay this last cruise too and they said their hair salon is closing down for good once renovations start at the end of this year 2010. I noticed a few people on here went there. I did see another hair salon in the Doubletree hotel which is connected to the Marriott but do not remember the name!

• 6 months later...
i didn't book anyone for my hair. i actually bought a clip in curly hair piece that i'm going to put into my hair... i still have to play around with it & make sure it works, but i think it will.

If you need any help with that, let me know both my sister and daughter have done pageants and competitive dance for years, so we have used a variety of clips, extensions, fake buns and falls. I think we have done every fake hairpiece known to man LOL!:)

Archived