Freeport hotel: Royal Islander or Island Palm?

chanceoc

So my friends and I (four of us in total) are thinking about taking the Discovery Cruise Line and staying overnight in Freeport. Through the cruise line for the weekend in July we'll be there, we have the choice between the Royal Islander or the Island Palm resort. Any suggestions? They both seem pretty comparable and two star. Any thoughts on this mini voyage are greatly appreciated. :confused:

So my friends and I (four of us in total) are thinking about taking the Discovery Cruise Line and staying overnight in Freeport. Through the cruise line for the weekend in July we'll be there, we have the choice between the Royal Islander or the Island Palm resort. Any suggestions? They both seem pretty comparable and two star. Any thoughts on this mini voyage are greatly appreciated. :confused:

They are very comparable. Both are two-star hotels (not what modern travelers would consider resorts) located downtown by the International Bazaar. The tourist area of Lucaya is about a 10 minute taxi ride from this area. There are a few sparsely visited bars, restaurants and shops at the Bazaar, and there are some native nightclubs nearby, that's about it. Most people would taxi to the beach or to Lucaya. I imagine they do shuttles to Xanadu Beach.

Check to see if the Island Palm offers a free bus shuttle to Island Seas. If this is being offered, then staying at Island Palm would be my choice. You still get the cheaper rate but can go to Island Seas for the beach experience.

Archived