Princess - Arizona and PCC w/Luau??

suziehmkr

Hello!

If you have sailed on the Island Princess for the 15 day RT recently, and you booked the Princess excursion which takes you to the Polynesian Cultural Center AND Luau on Oahu...

It says 10-1/2 hours (doesn't give times yet), which leads me to believe that it is 12Noon - 10:30pm. Can you please tell me what time you had to report at the ship for the excursion?

We dock at 8am and I am trying to figure out if it is possible to do the Arizona and be back in time to catch this excursion....

Any input from someone who has done both recently would be great!!

Thanks!

I haven't sailed the Island Princess but can give you some times. Most tours for the PCC leave about 11:00 AM to get there a few minutes before it opens at noon. If your ship docks at eight, the earliest you could get to the Arizona is about nine. By then, the line will be long enough that you will have to wait around two hours for your tour. I really don't see you getting back to the ship before noon. I wouldn't try this without a rental car where I could drive myself to the PCC. The Arizona is having almost three times more people visit as it was designed for.

Thanks for your reply... My concern is getting back to the ship on time. We are trying to find a way to do both and not miss the ship. If I book the PCC w/ luau thru the ship then I am sure to make it back in time. If we go on our own to a luau then we risk missing the ship, especially if we need to return a car.

hmmm I wonder if there is a way to book the excursion thru Princess... Then take a different public shuttle out there, but still take the Princess bus back after the luau? Has anyone done this?

• 5 months later...
Thanks for your reply... My concern is getting back to the ship on time. We are trying to find a way to do both and not miss the ship. If I book the PCC w/ luau thru the ship then I am sure to make it back in time. If we go on our own to a luau then we risk missing the ship, especially if we need to return a car.

hmmm I wonder if there is a way to book the excursion thru Princess... Then take a different public shuttle out there, but still take the Princess bus back after the luau? Has anyone done this?

:confused: I'm bumping this one back out there. It is almost time to book our excursions, and we were wondering the same thing. We really want to see the Arizona and the PCC and we too our going on Princess (in Dec.) We would really appreciate any input. We were considering renting a car, but want to be sure to make it back to the ship on time.

Archived