Aft vs Wrap Balconies in April

Antelopian

My wife & I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary with an April 10-17 Southern Caribbean sailing, and have an option for either an aft extended balcony or a corner wrap balcony on the 6th or 7th deck. Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations?

We just had an Aft Extended balcony on our last cruise, and absolutely loved it! The views were spectacular, the balcony was extremely roomy, and we got to see what the big deal was about that type of cabin.

Will we book another one? Definitely, if the price is right. Will we shoot for an aft wrap (if one is available)? YES!

We LOVE the aft wraps!! If one is available and you can afford it, you better grab it. The regular aft balconies are not very private, but the wraps offer a little more privacy. We've had aft wraps on decks 6, 7, & 8 and prefer deck 7. We will not take an aft wrap on 8 again, due to the late night noise of chairs scraping above us during cleaning.

Go for the aft wrap around!!! You'll be spoiled from then on but it is SOOOOOOOOO worth it!!! Had the aft wrap around on the Glory.....twice!!! We've got one booked on the Dream next year!!! You won't regret getting the aft wrap around!!!

Thanks for the recommendations. Is there one deck (6 or 7) that is better than the other, i.e. noise, size, etc.)? Has anyone ever had 7425, that's the cabin that I think that my wife would like. It's going to be a surprise, we cruised on our honeymoon and haven't since then. :D:D:D

I am looking at the Victory Southern Caribbean sailing out of San Juan on April 10-17. Our anniversary is the 14th, which would put us in Santa Lucia for the day. Also, any suggestions for a romantic day while in port?

and get deck 7 - it's the empress deck -there are cabins above and below- we've had 7422 and 7425 for the past 2 years on the Victory. the difference between the wraps and regular aft is the wraps have lounge chairs. dh doesn't like sitting in the sun - it's the best of both worlds for us - he could hang in the cabin or on the ship and not worry about where I was. it's so nice - like everyone said - the view is stunning - either way - you'll have a great time

and get deck 7 - it's the empress deck -there are cabins above and below- we've had 7422 and 7425 for the past 2 years on the Victory. the difference between the wraps and regular aft is the wraps have lounge chairs. dh doesn't like sitting in the sun - it's the best of both worlds for us - he could hang in the cabin or on the ship and not worry about where I was. it's so nice - like everyone said - the view is stunning - either way - you'll have a great time

We did Southern twice, once on the Destiny (sister ship) in a regular aft balcony and last Oct on the Victory in cabin 8428 the aft wrap - very nice

Plenty of pictures of the cabin and ports - follow the link for our cruise journals below

Archived