Snorkeling waters in belize

LimeNoSalt

:confused: We are on the March 28th Coral Princess to Panama Canal-- And will be stopping in Belize. I wanted to know what the snorkeling was like in Belize as compare to the caymans,(we have done it there) If we don't snorkel in Belize will we be missing something great? I read they have the 2nd largest coral reef barrier in the world. The river tubing is also sounding great.......and we need to decide on one can anyone help?:confused:

We have snorkled in Belize and Cozumel. We did the Sting Ray Encounter in Grand Cayman, but no snorkeling. I thought the reefs in Belize were absolutely stunning, and you could get fairly close and see the detail. Just as a comparison, I thought there were more fish in Cozumel. Keep in mind that YMMV depending on where you go, the conditions, etc.

We had a hard time deciding between cave tubing and snorkeling, but we really enjoyed our tour. We booked with Marving (www.ecotoursbelize.com) and took the aerial sight-seeing to San Pedro, with snorkeling from there. There's also less expensive option he offers by boat.

Archived