Mobile Malls

Nunu

Which mall would you guys recommend for a few hours of pre cruise shopping? We'll have a rental car so the distance (as long as it's reasonable) isn't a concern. Thanks!

Which mall would you guys recommend for a few hours of pre cruise shopping? We'll have a rental car so the distance (as long as it's reasonable) isn't a concern. Thanks!

There are two malls in Mobile, Springdale (sucks) and Bel Air. They are across the street from each other on Airport Blvd @ I-65. They are less than 10 miles from the port to the west. You may enjoy across the Bay in Spanish Fort better. There is a Bass Pro Shop and one exit further is the Eastern Shore Center. It's not a mall, but is a huge shopping area with probably 100 stores. It's laid out more like an outlet center. These are about 10 miles from the port east on I-10. Personally, I could spend the day at Bass Pro, but that's me. :)

Mobile locals (at least the ones I know) mostly go to Bel Air Mall. It has Sears, Target, Penney's, Dillards and more small stores, and is, IMHO, more upscale of the 2 malls in Mobile. Springdale Mall, across the street, has Best Buy, Sam's, Burlington Coat Factory, and a few more, but seems to be more discount oriented. These 2 are west of the dock.

Across the Bay, going east, the Bass Pro Shop is a great place to spend some time if you're interested in that type of stuff. There's a Dillard's across I-10 from it but at the same exit. The Eastern Shore Center is one exit east of there. Since I mainly shop in Mobile, I can't list the anchor stores there, but that area is generally a higher income level than Mobile. Across the Bay is where the yuppies live and where you go, when you can afford it, to get away from the urban woes. It's the area you might like to move to when you retire.

The Eastern Shore Center would be my choice and the drive there is more scenic as you drive across Mobile Bay and have a view of the bay and the Battleship USS Alabama. It is all accessed from the outside though if that makes a difference. It is my 16 yr old daughters favorite. From Mobile it would be Interstate 10 East and the 2nd exit after you cross the Bay. Go left from the exit.

Archived