Mobile, & NOLA Are the ships oil stained?

Are the cruise ships going in and out of port returning "Oil Stained"?

I know the spirit is white and I wonder how it looks after traversing the gulf and returning.

Is there a brown goo all over the hull at the water line? Do they wash the hull someplace?

I am in Pensacola and am considering a cruise on the Spirit out of NOLA.

What a tragic end to our way of life here on the Gulf Coast.

I am heart broken.

I know the spirit is white and I wonder how it looks after traversing the gulf and returning.

Is there a brown goo all over the hull at the water line? Do they wash the hull someplace?

I am heart broken.

So far no Gulf based cruise ships have needed to be washed. Only one ship has been washed coming into Mobile, and that was a Mobile based ship (Boa Sub C Valletta) that was working in the middle of the spill site on the containment effort. It was a mess after sitting in that puddle for a month.

I am heart broken.

The Spirit is currently sailing out of Boston and won't be returning to New Orleans until November, so it should be fairly white! :D

By the way, we loved our Spirit cruise out of NOLA last year and I'm sure you will too. Go for it!

So far no Gulf based cruise ships have needed to be washed. Only one ship has been washed coming into Mobile, and that was a Mobile based ship (Boa Sub C Valletta) that was working in the middle of the spill site on the containment effort. It was a mess after sitting in that puddle for a month.

Hopefully they won't need it but there is now a good bit of oil washing up on the beaches at Gulf Shores. My daughter is there for the weekend and saw lots of it. The Elation is due in on Monday, it will be interesting to see if it shows evidence of oil.

Archived