Rccl employee arested

Saw this in a local S. Florida paper yesterday.

A female employee of RCCL who worked as a travel consultant in the RCCL headquarters was arrested along with her husband on multiple charges of breaking and entering and burglary. Seems they would break into cruise customers homes when they were on their cruise. Since she had all the info, name, address, phone number, e mail address, etc. they had easy pickings for a while. The charges stem back to 2009. No details of how they were caught were given in the news article. Who you gonna trust?

Oh my gosh....this has me a little freaked out. I never even thought about this as a possibility. I am glad they caught them....maybe this will deter others in similar businesses from acting on the same idea.

It is not a unusal thing to happen, when people travel, and let others know they are gone. I have even seen people on FB or other forums that say they are traveling and even the dates. It has been so bad in places that the Obituary column in the newspaper has posted after the funeral because at the funeral, the homes of the family were being robbed.

Bad part is that we want to trust some one but some people are just bad, and they are, might be the one you would not suspect.

I know that I'm worried whenever I'm gone for any length of time. Even having someone pop in every day or two and take care of the pets isn't much of an assurance.

I'm reluctant to put my mail or paper on hold, but having somebody pick up my mail every single day is a lot to ask.

When I was in Europe last fall, I started a roll call for my particular sailing. We were very careful to not divulge ANY personal information, not even our hometown, for just this reason.

It's sad that we even have to think of such things, but that's the way of the world, especially in these uncertain times.

I know that I'm worried whenever I'm gone for any length of time. Even having someone pop in every day or two and take care of the pets isn't much of an assurance.

I'm reluctant to put my mail or paper on hold, but having somebody pick up my mail every single day is a lot to ask.

When I was in Europe last fall, I started a roll call for my particular sailing. We were very careful to not divulge ANY personal information, not even our hometown, for just this reason.

It's sad that we even have to think of such things, but that's the way of the world, especially in these uncertain times.

We have someone live at our house 24/7 when we are gone AND I tell the Sherriff that we will be gone so they can give our house a drive by. Since we have pets we cannot leave them alone. Also, our vet's office is right around the corner so I am having one of the vet techs either call or go by once a day to make sure that our house sitter does not need anything for the Clowder :D My question is "did NONE of those upscale houses have alarm systems?"

Archived