Tipping Concierge

Now that we are finally Diamond C @ A and entitled to use the concierge lounge and enjoy a drink or two in there, does anyone have any advice about tipping the concierge? We are not in a suite, just a nice balcony cabin, so we don't have a butler (I wouldn't know what to do with one anyway) but wonder if we should tip this guy, and how much.

Last year on the Brilliance the concierge helped us with missing shore excursion tickets and a few other details. Always had a smile and greeted us when we went in for a pre-dinner glass of wine (or two!).

At the end of the cruise we gave him $40. Don't know if that was excessive, or not enough, but he seemed very appreciative.

Don't worry about the butler--Royal Caribbean doesn't have them!! Celebrity does, however.

As far as tipping the concierge goes unless he/she provides some special service for you I don't think you have to tip. Going to the lounge and having a couple of drinks which you generally make yourself doesn't merit a tip in my book.

Archived