Packing for Alaska end of June - Women

cruisemate2007

Was there last week on our cruise. The weather was beautiful. We wore jeans all week, although I did see some people in shorts. I wore a thin jacket all week except at Hubbard Glacier and in Seward. My husband had on a thin flannel shirt and wished he had on a regular long sleeve shirt instead. The only day we had rain was morning time in Vancouver (a light mist until around 10:00 one morning) and in Seward on our Kenai Fjords tour and in the evening right as our train was leaving. It was rather cold in Seward so I wore a fleece jacket that day. As the Alaskans told us 'the only predicable thing about weather in Alaska is that it is unpredicable'. Have a great trip!

First time to Alaska end of June; first week of July. What should I pack?

I'm glad that you asked this! We're leaving on the 12th of July for cruise tour to denali, then southward to Vancouver. I'm trying to figure out what to take too. I'm sure I'll take way too much. I can get all my clothes in a carry-on, but the extras... coat, shoes, binoculars, etc almost fill another one!

Archived