Room Service Quality?

Sailkeywest

We used room service for the first time, last year on the O-Dam. We're sailing the Westerdam in August and it's one of the things we are really looking forward to. I like a simple breakfast so most mornings I asked for whole wheat toast (real whole wheat, not just brownish white bread), fruit and wrote in peanut butter. I want to know what kind of PB that was because you get a little crock of the best I've tasted. Mom got a similar breakfast and we got a pot of coffee for me, and a pot of decaf for her. After the fumble the first day, we made sure to have the tip money out and ready the night before. We only went to the Lido or MDR when we didn't have an early shore ex but frankly, I enjoyed the room service more.

Nice story, mag, I bet Mom loved cruising with you :)

And not off topic at all, Kazu, service is service and I'm sure glad to know that HAL really goes above and beyond for people like that.

It reminds me of the time that I left my Dooney purse down by the Southernmost point of the US in Key West. Sometimes there are homeless people there that offer to take people's pictures for tips. Well, when I got back to the room, I discovered it was missing. Sis said we should notify the police. "Notify the police?! What for, the bag is just gone?"

Well, long story short, the police went to the point, found my bag still sitting on the bench where I left it, and brought it back to me. I still am in awe to this day.

How's that for off-topic? :P

P.S. Don't be afraid of the homeless in Key West. They don't bother you, they just sit on the beach making their straw hats for sale :P Key west is like a completely different culture!

I ditto the club sandwich.....on our recent cruise on the O I woke up at 1am for some reason starving....I called room service and had my club sandwich in 10 minutes. Not a peak time I realize, but the bacon was warm and the cookies were fabulous. I had milk with my cookies and was back asleep in no time. I had the club twice more that week for lunch as it was so good. I don't like room service in hotels, but use it a lot on cruises. Having a balcony for the first time made it even easier and now won't cruise any other way.

Archived