What is the difference between those two Stingray excursions from Carnival?

taylor1293

I'm trying to figure out why the one excursion is $7.00 more per person than the other one. What am I missing? Thanks!

Stingray Sandbar, Hell & Turtle Farm Experience

Experience all the major highlights of Grand Cayman in one excursion.

On this comprehensive excursion you will:

• Visit world famous 7-mile beach and the old Homestead for a photo stop.
  • Tour the Turtle Farm, a one of a kind facility that is home to thousands of turtles.
  • Arrive at the town called Hell, featuring a pre-historical rock formation that some think hell must surely look like.
  • Stop at Stingray City for a boat ride out to the Sand Bar.
  • Hold and pet the stingrays in shallow waters (3 – 4 feet).

Note: Snorkel equipment and fruit punch are all provided for you at no extra cost.

4.5 hours at a cost of $71.95 pp

OR

Discover Cayman - Stingrays, Hell & Turtle Farm

Combine the natural beauty and cultural heritage of Grand Cayman with incredible Stingray City Sandbar in this all-in-one combination excursion.

On this excursion you will:

• Travel the length of 7-Mile Beach and view the miles of white sandy beach and crystal clear blue waters.
  • Experience a guided tour of the Turtle Farm; one of only a few turtle conservation centers in the world, home for the smallest hatchling to some of the largest sea turtles in the world.
  • Be taken to what is known as Hell; an area of exposed rocks, locally termed the Town of Hell because of the lack of life truly portrays what most of us would perceive Hell to look like.
  • Relax on the boat ride out to Stingray City Sandbar where you can stand in the shallow waters, as you swim or snorkel, pet and hold the friendly stingrays.
  • Be provided snorkel equipment.
  • Enjoy our complimentary drinks and listen to great Caribbean music on your return

4.5 hours for a cost of 64.95 pp

Experience all the major highlights of Grand Cayman in one excursion.

On this comprehensive excursion you will:

• Visit world famous 7-mile beach and the old Homestead for a photo stop.
  • Tour the Turtle Farm, a one of a kind facility that is home to thousands of turtles.
  • Arrive at the town called Hell, featuring a pre-historical rock formation that some think hell must surely look like.
  • Stop at Stingray City for a boat ride out to the Sand Bar.
  • Hold and pet the stingrays in shallow waters (3 – 4 feet).

Note: Snorkel equipment and fruit punch are all provided for you at no extra cost.

I posted on the Carnival forum asking that same question a few weeks ago. I can't figure it out either. Somebody said that one is a guided tour, but that's the cheaper one that says that. It's weird. LOL

It is weird!

I posted on the Carnival forum asking that same question a few weeks ago. I can't figure it out either. Somebody said that one is a guided tour, but that's the cheaper one that says that. It's weird. LOL

• 1 month later...

*Enjoy our complimentary drinks and listen to great Caribbean music on your return*

Maybe the drinks and music is so bad they have to charge you less! :D Thats the only difference I see...but probably one spends a little more time either doing the city part or the beach/water part.

Taylor - Did you ever find out why it was cheaper? And what exactly was the complimentary drinks? Hoping for some rum punch on the way back! hehe!

I have no idea why it was cheaper?! The complimentary drinks was fruit punch/lemonade, lol.

I have no idea why it was cheaper?! The complimentary drinks was fruit punch/lemonade, lol.

Glad you had a good time! We are booked for that excursion in September on the Carnival Liberty. Did they provide any lunch? I'm afraid I might be starving by the end of it as ours runs 11-3:30pm! Do they allow people to bring bag lunches/snacks?

We are looking to book some of our excursions early, to keep those on board costs down. And we know we want to do one of these two excursions, but what's the difference!!!

The more expensive one mentions a "photo op" at 7-Mile Beach. Hmm ... But, the less expensive one mentioned a "guided tour" at the Turtle Farm and then the complimentary drinks. I don't get it?

I know it's only $7 and the two excursions are pretty much identical, but this is one of those no-so-often/blue moon vacations. And I want to know the difference. So, I e-mailed Carnival on Tuesday, but haven't heard anything back from them yet. ;[ If I find out why, I'll post it.

And if anyone else knows why ... fill us in. Thanks.

Oh! ... Does anyone know if one of these stops at the rum factory? If not, we'll have to hit it on our own.

Archived