Xcaret-from Calica

rosemont5380

Our family is going on the Elation in August and thought it would be fun to do the Xcaret excursion. My question is this...Since Xcaret is not far from the Calica port, would it be better to do the excursion on our own or go through Carnival for this. Any suggestions would be great from anyone who has had this experience.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Took family to Mayan Riviera 3 years ago- not cruise just week away. This trip was a highlight- the snorkle in the cave/river that ended in a waterfall was so great we did it twice. The evening show was not to be missed. My boys were 6 & 9.

My daughter and I did this on our own.

Xcaret is right next to the port, however it is about a 5 mile cab ride to the front gate. You have to tak a taxi, as there was no back entrance when we were there in Feb of 2009.

Loved it, Loved it, Loved it.

Kind of expensive, I think it was like $60 a person plus taxi. I can't remember the cost of the taxi.

If your kids are good swimmers and are not afraid of fish they will have a good time.

Keep a bunch of pesos, because when we were there, they did not have change for US currency.

Archived