Ecstasy Review 1/29/05 sailing

robtx100

Embarkation: Excellent. We got to EZCruise parking at 1045, were shuttled to the pier with luggage, checked in at Skipper's Club and we were on board at 1130.

Ship: The ship is in excellent shape and condition. The atrium is awesome, expecially at night.

Cabin: Category 12. Plenty of room for 4 adults. Sleeper sofa is only large enough for one, so we had a cot brought in which stayed in the sitting area. Still plenty of room. Balcony is very large. Bathroom is still small, and ceiling is low when taking a shower if you're over 6 ft tall. walk in closet is adequate, but safe is very small.

Food: I did not enjoy the food as well as on past cruises. However, my friends enjoyed most everything they ordered.

Staff: Dining staff was very good as well as the cabin steward. The gift shop staff were excellent, also. The internet cafe manager ( a man from India, never got his name) was perhaps the RUDEST person I have ever encountered on a cruise ship. He sat there at the computer all day every day. I asked him how to log on, and without speaking a word, pointed to a small sign on how to proceed while giving me disapproving look. One day, all the stations were full, but there he sat, not willing to move to make room for my $.75/minute charges. He does not need to be working with the public. The art auction staff was wonderful and made up for the internet mgrs. short comings. All in all, I had a good time and the ship was wonderful.

Rob, thanks for your review. We are going on our first cruise ever on the Ecstasy at the end of this month. I was really glad to hear you could board the ship so early. It will be myself, husband, and 7 yr old son together--can you tell me a little bit about what you did when you first boarded? What did you do the rest of the afternoon until you sailed? Thanks, I appreciate any info at all! We are super excited and a little nervous!

PS--how was the pool onboard and how was the water in Cozumel?

:) :) :)

I'm not the OP (I sailed a week earlier on this ship). I was on the ship by 12:15 (no Skipper's Club). When I got on board I put my luggage in my stateroom, went and had lunch, and then walked around and checked stuff out til I could get in my stateroom.

We are booked on a Cat 12 Suite and we were wondering if the balcony dividers we able to open. We have a large group that all have rooms next to each other and we wanted to know if we could open them all and have a big balcony. We did this on the Conquest and it was great. Thanks!

We dropped by the cabin which was still being cleaned when we first boarded. The steward told us we could leave our carry ons in the cabin while they finished up. We then walked around the ship getting familiar with it, then went up to the Lido deck and at lunch. Then to the bar. Then back to the cabin. We did spend a lot of time that first afternoon on our balcony watching people board.

Embarkation: Excellent. We got to EZCruise parking at 1045, were shuttled to the pier with luggage, checked in at Skipper's Club and we were on board at 1130.

Ship: The ship is in excellent shape and condition. The atrium is awesome, expecially at night.

Cabin: Category 12. Plenty of room for 4 adults. Sleeper sofa is only large enough for one, so we had a cot brought in which stayed in the sitting area. Still plenty of room. Balcony is very large. Bathroom is still small, and ceiling is low when taking a shower if you're over 6 ft tall. walk in closet is adequate, but safe is very small.

Food: I did not enjoy the food as well as on past cruises. However, my friends enjoyed most everything they ordered.

Staff: Dining staff was very good as well as the cabin steward. The gift shop staff were excellent, also. The internet cafe manager ( a man from India, never got his name) was perhaps the RUDEST person I have ever encountered on a cruise ship. He sat there at the computer all day every day. I asked him how to log on, and without speaking a word, pointed to a small sign on how to proceed while giving me disapproving look. One day, all the stations were full, but there he sat, not willing to move to make room for my $.75/minute charges. He does not need to be working with the public. The art auction staff was wonderful and made up for the internet mgrs. short comings. All in all, I had a good time and the ship was wonderful.

Hi,I am glad you had a good time on the Ecstasy!!We were on the ecstasy nov.11-15,04 and the same internet cafe manager was on our cruise...i will have to agree with you about how RUDE he was to us!He did not help us what so ever!

Hey gang, we are in a Cat 11 for the 02/21/05 Cruise! I noticed we are in the Skipper's Club. What perks does that have??? Our TA never explained. Also the Internet Cafe Manager had better not be rude to me or I will fix that problem real quick. You know it's bad when two differant ship dates complain about the same guy. Well I hope everyone has had a wonderful time on the Ecstasy! This will be me and my soon to be Wife's first Cruise. We get married on the 19th.

As for balcony dividers, one side was all steel and part of the ship. The other side was a blue panel bolted on both sides. I 'm not sure if they can be removed. The sleeper sofa is big enough for two children, but not two adults. The cot fits in the sitting area and does not take up very much room and only sits a few inches off the floor. My friend said it was very comfortable. Larry G., the cruise director, who we've had on previous cruises, says he's leaving Carnival after 18 years. He and Patrick, one of the singers on board, are taking their show to Vegas. This way, Larry can spend more time with his family.

Archived