Antigua Dive Operators

Califcat

I am going on the Eastern Caribbean Voyager in Oct 2010, Princess cruises does not offer Scuba Excursion for Antigua. Anyone have a good safe recommendations for a single female scuba diver on the Island of Antigua?

The good diving in Antigua is in the south.

The ship docks in the northwest. There is not good diving near the pier. Last time we were there we had 6 people, so we hired a local taxi-van to take us south to English Harbour, Nelson's Dock. The diving there was pretty good. I did a 2-tank dive while my wife and friends snorkeled.

After that we continued with the axi-van for an island tour. Went to see Shirley's heights, Hell's Gate Bridge, and others.

But for a female solo diver, it could be more challenging to arrange such a trip economically.

• 1 month later...

My son and I stopped in Antigua in June 2009 on a cruise ship and dove with Jolly Dive. You can search them online by name and their website pops up. They are located in Jolly Harbor, which is near the southwest end of the island. If I remember right, it was about a 20 minute taxi ride from the cruise ship dock.

From Jolly Harbor we were able to access the dive sites at the south end of the island. We did a couple reef dives to a depth of 55 feet. Small boat, 6 divers, very well run.

Archived