Weather Right on Now on Cruises to Canada

Hi, I'm leaving next Thursday on a Carnival cruise to St. John, New Brunswick. What can I expect weather wise for the 1st day out to sea between NY and St. John's. I have kids on board and I'm worried about the pool being too cold to go in. Also, does anyone know what we should pack (summer, spring) for clothing for our day in St. John?

http://weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/nb-23_metric_e.html

Check the above site tomorrow and it will give the forecast for next Thursday. I would check it daily as it could change several times between now and next Thursday and still be wrong when you get here. The nature of weather here, very changeable :rolleyes: Click on the C after the temp and it will translate to Farenheit

Today is cool and rainy but the three previous days have been very hot and sunny----high 70's and low 80's. This is Atlantic Canada and the temps can vary from the the low 60's to almost 80----sometimes all in one day. Come prepared to layer your clothing as it will be cool in the AM when you leave the ship but you will roast if you can't peel off some clothes later in the day.

Regardless of the land temperature it will be cold at sea in these waters even in the middle of summer.

PS---There is no "s" in Saint John. St. John's is in another province.;)

Hi, I'm leaving next Thursday on a Carnival cruise to St. John, New Brunswick. What can I expect weather wise for the 1st day out to sea between NY and St. John's. I have kids on board and I'm worried about the pool being too cold to go in. Also, does anyone know what we should pack (summer, spring) for clothing for our day in St. John?

We jsut got back last night. My boys were in shorts when we boarded in NY. That was the best opportunity for warm enough weather to swim. Sure - the pools and the slide were open - but the guy that stands at the top of the slide was in pants and a wind jacket if that tells you anything. In Saint John, I think they had heated the rear Lido pool as there were kids in it.

Highs in SJ were 73-75. In Halifax, 67 and overcast.

I would pack a few pairs of shorts, but most of the time my kids were in jeans and t-shirt, and added a sweatshirt and wind jacket as necessary.

Archived